News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Recent posts

The Lounge / Re: National Melt Down Day JUN...
Last post by 427heaven - Today at 12:08:29 PM
RAPIST?
Florida Region SAAC / Re: Rick Ross Car & Bike Show ...
Last post by FL SAAC - Today at 12:04:59 PM
The Promised Land
SAAC Forum Discussion Area / Re: Random car pictures
Last post by FL SAAC - Today at 12:00:56 PM
oh those vans !

wonder if it has a C6 in it ?
Up For Auction / Re: 8T03S169260-00875 on BAT
Last post by FL SAAC - Today at 11:58:33 AM

Wonder if they still have the original C6?

Nice car !
Quote from: stephenflam on Today at 12:52:34 AMHi all, As the title says I need to find black and blue made of good quality. I doubt the quality of sites selling recycled plastic floor mats online today.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for the support.
If you are looking for the reproduction of the vintage running pony style plastic mats that were commonly sourced from Ford dealers in the 60's then Virginia Classic Mustang or National Parts depot or the place to order from.
Up For Auction / Re: 8T03S169260-00875 on BAT
Last post by Bob Gaines - Today at 11:01:53 AM
I can remember back in the day (mid 1970's)with at the time gas rationing crisis to find many big block Shelby's switched over to a small block. The reason was that the Shelby's were every day transportation back then and if it had a big block then it  used way more gas. Gas could be hard to find back then and expensive for that time at least. It was not a out of the ordinary occurrence to find one switched to a small block that way. It wasn't until the mid 80's and later that there was a value incentive to switch them back. Consequently it is rare that you find one that hasn't been switched back today.     
Concours Talk / Re: Correct Radiator Hose Lowe...
Last post by Bob Gaines - Today at 10:49:22 AM
Quote from: 1969shelbygt350 on Today at 08:04:07 AM351 auto! Where can I get one that will fit
Thx
National Parts Depot should have the correct concours hose for your application. With that said I have understood that Marti Autoworks the MFG /supplier of the concours quality hose had a problem in the past with supplying the correct fitting hose for the 68,69.70 GT350 which all used the same length hose. Many vendors that Marti sold to experience customer complaints on the poor fit .The hose Marti was supplying was too short. The hose would work but it had to be stretched to fit. You should not have to do that . The correct hose has ample length to work The hose they were supplying was too short. I believe that the problem has been solved but if you get one that is too short you will need to send it back.     
Appeals / Re: Need new radiator for 69 g...
Last post by Bob Gaines - Today at 10:33:14 AM
You need to determine if your radiator is original or a aftermarket replacement.A original radiator is very desirable in a vintage Shelby. You can buy a new aftermarket replacement that looks reasonably like original for typical the same or less then having a radiator recored . It makes sense to only have a original recored and not a aftermarket one recored. If you can find a radiator shop to do the work currently to have a radiator 24 inch (69 GT350with A/C) or smaller recored it is going to typically currently be 500.00 plus. Your 69 GT350 radiator if original should have FOMOCO embossed on the top tank and a engineering number metal stamped on the side strap starting with a C8 engineering number. 
SAAC Forum Discussion Area / Re: Random car pictures
Last post by ChicagoChris - Today at 10:32:16 AM
Mustang looks like it's parked at a roadside rest area (note grills in the background). Guessing both women are grandmothers by now!
For some reason, the website has not notified me of the ongoing and most interesting discussion about what I thought was a straightforward question, regarding the oil change in my KR. The car is a correct and original CJ with A/C and oil cooler. My plan was to put in 5 quarts, drive it, and recheck the dipstick. I always like to drive my car "granny style" until I know she's fully warmed up, and then some modest, spirited of driving, but only for short runs, followed by cruising. In Houston Texas there's not much place to really drive, so it's not uncommon to have a bit of stop and go traffic. Thanks for all the information. Much appreciated Steve..