News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Parts For Sale / 12 GALLONS 1963-1969 FORD SHEL...
Last post by john galt - May 20, 2024, 11:30:08 PM
Hard to find acrylic lacquer paint for 1960's FoMoCo products.  Remaining inventory from 5 decades of Cobra, GT40 & Shelby restoration.   Almost 12 gallons total. Cost over $4000 new.

Wimbledon White code M (4 gallons)
Candyapple Red code T (2 gallons)
Guardsman Blue code F (5 gallons)
Gulf GT40 orange (2 quarts)

Paint has been properly stored and unopened since I purchased.  After mixing with thinner, each gallon paint will give you 2 to 2.5 gallons of ready to spray paint.  Selling as one lot only, no separation.

Your Cobra, GT40, Ford, GT350 (stripes) deserves an authentic restoration - and knowledgeable SAAC judges know the difference!

Best offer over $2500.

Free local pickup in Ocala, Florida.  I travel a lot, so there may be a delay in shipping,  If you need a quicker pickup time, please contact me to discuss. No shipping.

Carolina Region SAAC / Re: Cars and Coffee Morrisvill...
Last post by BGlover67 - May 20, 2024, 10:51:36 PM
You rock!
Last post by jgroce1985 - May 20, 2024, 10:26:44 PM
I have another 67 sir...
Last post by BGlover67 - May 20, 2024, 10:26:01 PM
I though you sold your '67??  Did you buy it back??
Last post by jgroce1985 - May 20, 2024, 10:24:23 PM
Brian this is Jeremy, if my 67 is back by then I may be able to attend
Carolina Region SAAC / Cars and Coffee Morrisville (D...
Last post by BGlover67 - May 20, 2024, 10:10:34 PM
By now hopefully everyone is aware that we are NOT having a spring event.  Unfortunately, we were unable to host the event at our previous location at the Hickory Veterans' Museum as a change in directorship made it unavailable to anyone.  We are currently looking at an early fall event at a North Carolina winery or similar venue.  We will keep everyone informed as details become clearer. 

I would also like to hear from members who would like to attend the Americarna Event this year as a group.  Americarna Live is a huge car event hosted by Ray Evernham to raise money for adults with Autism.   If we have a large enough amount of classic Shelbys, I can try and get us located in the VIP section of the show like we did previously.  Please reach out to me if you are interested, the date is late Fall, November 30th, 2024.

Finally, There is a Shelby Day being hosted at the Morrisville (Durham, really) Cars and Coffee location.  It is slated for Saturday, June 1st, 2024 if anyone is interested.  Be warned that this Cars and Coffee is the largest in the state and it can be more of a circus than a car event.  Our local Ferrari and Rolls Royce dealerships bring cars for display, and arriving early is paramount!  Reply here if you have any interest in attending.  It is located at 5425 Page Road, Durham, NC

https://www.facebook.com/events/966252811542234/?ref=newsfeed
Parts For Sale / Re: 1969-70 NOS Parts on CL
Last post by 428kid - May 20, 2024, 09:46:47 PM
Quote from: blackthunder1970 on May 20, 2024, 09:40:18 PM
Quote from: 428kid on May 20, 2024, 08:28:35 AMHe is flipping the parts for profit

nothing wrong in that...
I know there nothing wrong with that we all do it
All I asking is what do you think the parts are worth as a package
My only thing is the auction and fishing puts me out all the way around. If it where me I'd try to make him nail down a price.
Appeals / Re: 94 Bondurant Mustang GT sc...
Last post by gt350bp - May 20, 2024, 09:44:42 PM
Roy,

Still negotiating as he has another car that I'm trying to get as a package deal. It is a 03 Cobra and is supposedly a body-in-white. I got a quick look at it but was unable to get close to the windshield area to check for a VIN. Nice NASCAR style cage but not a Terminator engine. Looks like an earlier Cobra 4V. Hoping to see the cars again this weekend as I have been dealing with a family health problem. Will keep you posted.

Don
gt350bp
Parts For Sale / Re: 1969-70 NOS Parts on CL
Last post by blackthunder1970 - May 20, 2024, 09:40:18 PM
Quote from: 428kid on May 20, 2024, 08:28:35 AMHe is flipping the parts for profit

nothing wrong in that...
I know there nothing wrong with that we all do it
All I asking is what do you think the parts are worth as a package
The Lounge / Checkered Flag Jim Otto Hall ...
Last post by FL SAAC - May 20, 2024, 09:37:37 PM
Jim Otto Hall of Fame Raiders Center

Jim was that constant, an all-star at center and the epitome of a great teammate. Otto, a Pro Football Hall of Famer, has died at the age of 86, the team confirmed Sunday.

"The Raiders Family is in deep mourning following the passing of Jim Otto...The Original Raider," the club said in a statement.

Otto was an original Raider. He played for the team during its American Football League days, from 1960 to 1969, and then in the National Football League from 1970-74, following the merger of the two leagues. He started 210 consecutive games, was voted to the A.F.L. all-star team in each of its 10 seasons, and helped the Raiders win seven division championships.

In 1980, the first year he was eligible, he was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

John Madden, his former Raiders coach and later a famous football TV personality, called him an "iron man" in the film. But, he added, "An iron man pays for it later."

Al Davis, the Raiders' front-office leader and, for part of Otto's playing career, head coach, told Sport magazine in 1969: "I liken Jim to the players of years before when pride was everything. I get the feeling that this is still a dream to him, that the money and everything else is secondary."

Once a Raider, Always a Raider