News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: ridgeter on May 20, 2024, 08:32:09 PMI know this is an old post but would be helpful to see a pic of the underside of console lid that screws to the console plate. Is the vinyl stapled or glued on?I'm having my lid cover restored, so I bought a reproduction from Branda in the interim and seems like it's missing padding material.
If you wait a few days I'll have an original untouched console from a late Jan car I can see.
Parts For Sale / Re: 1969-70 NOS Parts on CL
Last post by shelbymann1970 - Today at 07:07:30 AM
Quote from: blackthunder1970 on May 20, 2024, 02:49:40 AM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 19, 2024, 11:42:54 PM
Quote from: blackthunder1970 on May 19, 2024, 10:27:36 PMHi
What do you think the value of all the parts are worth
Seeing if it variable to do a package deal
You would need to know what all was included. Given he wrote too much to list you can only assume that there is more then in the pictures.
It basically all the pieces in the pictures plus a couple of emblems and a damage fender
He is flipping the parts for profit
Damn right flipping. If you can find the original seller in Wisconsin I hear he has more parts. The guy hoarded spare parts for his 69 Shelby and sold the car. Then sold Grant the parts. I could have seen all the parts last Monday but chose not to go as too busy to waste my time at the moment because of his weird way of selling.
Last post by shelbymann1970 - Today at 07:05:03 AM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 19, 2024, 11:42:54 PM
Quote from: blackthunder1970 on May 19, 2024, 10:27:36 PMHi
What do you think the value of all the parts are worth
Seeing if it variable to do a package deal
You would need to know what all was included. Given he wrote too much to list you can only assume that there is more then in the pictures.
There is more. I talked to a friend(well known SAAC guy) on Saturday at the Spring fling and he offered him top dollar for a pair of 70 NOS doors in the box and the guy said he wanted more than double that.
Last post by shelbymann1970 - Today at 07:02:03 AM
Quote from: blackthunder1970 on May 17, 2024, 06:30:39 PMHi
Has anyone got hold of him
I tried but can't get hold of him

I know him. He was over my house the other week picking up some parts I didn't want to sell but....
Last post by shelbymann1970 - Today at 07:00:08 AM
Quote from: 428kid on May 17, 2024, 08:24:23 AMExactly , how does one know if he really has a bidder or not? Cool parts but dumb game to play. If you want to auction it put it on eBay. Out side of that no price , so its fishing...
The guy is too cheap to pay the ebay fees plus the 1099 I'd bet he would get.  I told him last week just auction them off. When he told me I could have the parts IF I was the high bidder it just didn't sit well with me. He isn't a man of his word so are the bids real? Take the eye brow moldings. A well known restorer has a set on social media for 1500 that a friend in France wants but shipping is a problem. So with a set out there for a while at 1500 he was offered 2K for a set? Could be. I was at Mecum and the 69-70 Shelbys didn't do well on Friday.
The Lounge / Re: Scammers on forum
Last post by tesgt350 - Today at 06:54:58 AM
What is it about gmail, it seems all the Scammers use gmail Accounts?
Last post by shelbymann1970 - Today at 06:54:49 AM
FWIW I was SUPPOSED to have first crack on these parts. Obviously that wasn't the case. I sold the guy some parts on an agreement I'd have first crack. I'm still living and learning in life...Parts came from a guy who had a 69 Shelby in Wisconsin and sold it. The next owner didn't want the spare parts. The owner has a 70 Mustang he is doing(Grant helped him out on an issue hence offered the parts so he drove to Wisconsin) and we believe he still has some NOS parts as the seller of these parts didn't bring enough money to buy all the parts. Happy hunting.
The Lounge / Re: Uncle Tony's take on moder...
Last post by trotrof1 - Today at 06:22:59 AM
I agree, off shore pos parts causing stupid comebacks constantly. Turning 8o+ flat rate hours/wk in the 80s-90s was typical. Whole different ballgame these days.
Parts For Sale / 12 GALLONS 1963-1969 FORD SHEL...
Last post by john galt - May 20, 2024, 11:30:08 PM
Hard to find acrylic lacquer paint for 1960's FoMoCo products.  Remaining inventory from 5 decades of Cobra, GT40 & Shelby restoration.   Almost 12 gallons total. Cost over $4000 new.

Wimbledon White code M (4 gallons)
Candyapple Red code T (2 gallons)
Guardsman Blue code F (5 gallons)
Gulf GT40 orange (2 quarts)

Paint has been properly stored and unopened since I purchased.  After mixing with thinner, each gallon of paint will give you 2 to 2.5 gallons of ready to spray paint (23 to 28.5 gallons).  Selling as one lot only, no separation.

Your Cobra, GT40, Ford, GT350 (stripes) deserves an authentic restoration - and knowledgeable SAAC judges know the difference!

Best offer over $2500.

Free local pickup in Ocala, Florida.  I travel a lot, so there may be a delay in shipping,  If you need a quicker pickup time, please contact me to discuss. No shipping.

Carolina Region SAAC / Re: Cars and Coffee Morrisvill...
Last post by BGlover67 - May 20, 2024, 10:51:36 PM
You rock!