News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Vintage Photos of 6S033

Started by Brant, March 02, 2018, 10:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brant

Quote from: GT350Lad on March 02, 2018, 06:00:38 PM
Whr do you think of dash gauge Brant? Was it a original top cobra logo when you got her?

The original tach was gone by 1967, but I installed a correct early "top logo" in it during the restoration.

-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

GT350Lad

Nice, beautiful work. It's suprising to hear how early on some of the cars lost there original gauge. Looks perfect now.

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

69mach351w

Quote from: Brant on March 02, 2018, 04:42:55 PM
Quote from: EdwardGT350 on March 02, 2018, 03:35:06 PM
interesting observations
- cragars
- no front bumperettes
- no reverse lights
-seatbelt leather pad(tan) on the latch side not tongue side
- white shifter ball?

Good stuff.Love seeing original documents/paperwork.

6S289

Hey Brant,

6S289 has black leather on the latch side. Seems there were a few different ways the seat belts were done. Just another item that makes each GT350 unique.

By the way, great story on 6S033. She looks great!
- Mark

6S289 - Family car since August, 1967

Website for 6S289 - www.66GT350.com

Sorry for the dumb question;

Did the carry-overs have the same headers/exhaust and dropped upper control arms that the '65's got.

98SVT - was 06GT

Paper plate would indicate at least 2nd owner. First owner got plates - dealer then got car and resold with paper plate.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

J_Speegle

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on March 02, 2018, 11:28:28 PM
Paper plate would indicate at least 2nd owner. First owner got plates - dealer then got car and resold with paper plate.

Are your referring to the California license plates?
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: J_Speegle on March 03, 2018, 01:09:24 AM
Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on March 02, 2018, 11:28:28 PM

Are your referring to the California license plates?
Yes original owner would have been issued the steel plates. When a dealer sells a used car the original plates stay on the car and he puts a paper plate on it that the new owner removes when he gets the new registration.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

J_Speegle

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on March 03, 2018, 01:48:58 AM
Yes original owner would have been issued the steel plates. When a dealer sells a used car the original plates stay on the car and he puts a paper plate on it that the new owner removes when he gets the new registration.

Part of the challenge with this particular car and a few others like my wife's is the question of what was issued to the cars while they were owned by Shelby but used by employees and then the car was sent out as a used car as a demo and in some cases returned again to them as a used car. Letter sequence and the two stickers give us some insight. Since picture was developed in 67 and only Sept then 68 tags would not have been issued yet (only done one period during the calendar year back then) so likely the colors match those two years. 

Guess we could compare the letters to other employee loaner cars from 66

Don't recall paper plates being issued to used cars in the 60's in Calif just my recall
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Brant

Shelby American registered the car with plates when it was designated to be used as an employee lease car.  It was sold to Dana Chevrolet as a Demo.

There was a group of cars registered by SA at one time. There are records showing the consecutive plate numbers.

6S033 received "RFJ 650". Here is the list that Howard compiled:

6S033  RFJ 650
6S109  RFJ 649
6S278  RFJ 648
6S280  RFJ 647
6S289  RFJ 646
-Brant

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Brant

I wish that I had the original plates or at least an original Dana Chevrolet license plate frame, but I do have these reproductions which are pretty cool.

-Brant

J_Speegle

Quote from: Brant on March 03, 2018, 10:21:49 AM
Shelby American registered the car with plates when it was designated to be used as an employee lease car.  It was sold to Dana Chevrolet as a Demo.

There was a group of cars registered by SA at one time. There are records showing the consecutive plate numbers.

Thanks Brant  and Howard ;) .

Still figuring out the little details of the car (another employee lease car)  we have that went to Dana with yours and still trying to purchase the set of license plate frames I know of here locally ::)

SFM6S087

Quote from: 2112 on March 02, 2018, 11:16:18 PM
Sorry for the dumb question;

Did the carry-overs have the same headers/exhaust and dropped upper control arms that the '65's got.

Carryovers got the same lowered upper control arms the the 65's got. But their exhaust went thru tri-Y headers and then out the rear like the rest of the 1966 GT350s. They really are an interesting mixture of 65 & 66 features that can make a correct restoration challenging. Brant did a nice job of getting all the details right on his 6S033. He's one of the most knowledgeable guys on the planet when it comes to carryovers.

Steve