News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Autolite Battery Identifying Kit

Started by FL SAAC, May 10, 2024, 08:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

WESKCAR

Don't know who this company is, not affiliated with it, never used their kit and have no results good or bad to report.

Found it interesting

Viewed this on the internet, essentially a kit to re-identify your existing battery to look similar to an Autolite battery.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bob Gaines

Quote from: FL SAAC on May 10, 2024, 08:45:54 AMWESKCAR

Don't know who this company is, not affiliated with it, never used their kit and have no results good or bad to report.

Found it interesting

Viewed this on the internet, essentially a kit to re-identify your existing battery to look similar to an Autolite battery.

FYI the kit is for trying to make a battery look more like a 68-70 assemblyine battery with stickers . 65-67 assemblyline batteries looked different then 68-70 . The white tag with red lettering in the picture included in the kit  that is meant to go on a battery post was NEVER used on a vintage 65-70 battery. It was something that the Newcastle battery company (first repro battery company) put on their repro batteries for liability reasons when they started selling them in the 80's. Other repro battery companies and memorabilia companies not knowing any better started selling them as if they were vintage items. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 10, 2024, 10:12:57 AM

Found it interesting

FYI the kit is for trying to make a battery look more like a 68-70 assemblyine battery with stickers . 65-67 assemblyline batteries looked different then 68-70 . The white tag with red lettering in the picture included in the kit  that is meant to go on a battery post was NEVER used on a vintage 65-70 battery. It was something that the Newcastle battery company (first repro battery company) put on their repro batteries for liability reasons when they started selling them in the 80's. Other repro battery companies and memorabilia companies not knowing any better started selling them as if they were vintage items. 

You did not read my comments

Should you have any complaints about this kit

Please contact directly this company at WESKCAR @ IMNOTHAPPY .COM

Thank you

I have all UNGOLD cars

Bob Gaines

Quote from: FL SAAC on May 10, 2024, 10:29:56 AM

Found it interesting

Thank you
I did read the comments. You said you found it interesting. Not a complaint but a FYI =for your information, so I thought you and others might want to know.Sorry you took it the wrong way.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 10, 2024, 10:59:55 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC on May 10, 2024, 10:29:56 AM

Found it interesting

Thank you
I did read the comments. You said you found it interesting. Not a compliant but a FYI =for your information, so I thought you and others might want to know.Sorry you took it the wrong way.

No harm
No foul
Glad all is compliant...

Now you going to order a kit or what ?

Have a marvelous weekend !

I have all UNGOLD cars