News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

sticky topic

Started by Peter L., November 08, 2023, 07:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter L.

  Have been a member for a few years now. Just curious. In the forums, what does a 'sticky topic' mean? 
KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

shelbydoug

It means that it is a permanent topic.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

a thread that stays at the top of that forum so forumgoers can find that post more easily
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King ! 3 times over 20,000 +

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

SFM5S000

#3
A conflicting/disagreeing opinion on an established/believed fact or detail.

Example:

Some people believe that the only Original Shelby American Cars were built from 1962 to 1967 in Los Angeles, before the operation was moved back east to Michigan.

Others, believe differently that it Shelby American Inc continued under the Ford Motor Company umbrella going forward with the  development of the 1968-1970 cars.

Actual details to be argued/discussed.

Hence, "Sticky Topic"

Cheers
~Earl J

FL SAAC

Quote from: SFM5S000 on November 08, 2023, 08:57:05 AM
A conflicting/disagreeing opinion on an established/believed fact or detail.

Example:

Some people believe that the only Original Shelby American Cars were built from 1962 to 1967 in Los Angeles, before the operation was moved back east to Michigan.

Others, believe differently that it Shelby American Inc continued under the Ford Motor Company umbrella going forward with the  development of the 1968-1970 cars.

Actual details to be argued/discussed.

Hence, "Sticky Topic"

Cheers
~Earl J


You da man, made my day....LMAO !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King ! 3 times over 20,000 +

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bill

Quote from: Peter L. on November 08, 2023, 07:57:46 AM
  Have been a member for a few years now. Just curious. In the forums, what does a 'sticky topic' mean?

Generally, a sticky topic means that it is permanently placed at the top of the forum, or placed at the top of the forum for a set amount of time for the importance of the subject matter. 
There is however, one sub forum here, that sadly has topics set as a sticky so that the moderator of that specific sub forum can manipulate what can be seen or posted in his fiefdom. The link in my signature will explain in greater detail.



Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

FL SAAC

Let me reiterate:

a thread that stays at the top of that forum so forumgoers can find that post more easily

Side note:

1 this only works if you have a region

2 that the region is active

3 this only works if you have members not zombies that take "that once in a year ride"

4 only works once you take your car out of storage

5 only works once it's off the trailer

We post and stick ALWAYS , then merge with that years events once completed

Did you know that Florida SAAC is home to the Hertz Three Musketeers ..... The real ones !

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King ! 3 times over 20,000 +

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Peter L.

 The reason I'm asking is because it seems to be the same poster all the time that has a 'sticky topic'.
Just wondering why.
KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

Bill

Quote from: Peter L. on November 14, 2023, 08:11:36 AM
The reason I'm asking is because it seems to be the same poster all the time that has a 'sticky topic'.
Just wondering why.

Sticky topics are used by the moderation staff, which is why you see them listed. Some of us used to be moderators, so a few of ours may be shown at the top of some subforums. As for what I posted previously, you can see, that particular, very limited participant, falls right in to the link in my sig line.

Here is wishing you well.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

shelbymann1970

Quote from: FL SAAC on November 08, 2023, 10:47:04 AM
Let me reiterate:

a thread that stays at the top of that forum so forumgoers can find that post more easily

Side note:

1 this only works if you have a region

2 that the region is active

3 this only works if you have members not zombies that take "that once in a year ride"

4 only works once you take your car out of storage

5 only works once it's off the trailer

We post and stick ALWAYS , then merge with that years events once completed

Did you know that Florida SAAC is home to the Hertz Three Musketeers ..... The real ones !
They made Hertz cars in 68 and 69 so you are missing some of the "real" ones.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on November 14, 2023, 11:10:14 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC on November 08, 2023, 10:47:04 AM
They made Hertz cars in 68 and 69 so you are missing some of the "real" ones.

Very kind of you to enlighten us, but we will stick to the originals:

1966 the first ones
2007 the comeback of the convertible
2016 the 50th anniversary

Anything else are just after thoughts or fillers......enjoy !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King ! 3 times over 20,000 +

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Peter L.

KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

shelbymann1970

Quote from: FL SAAC on November 14, 2023, 11:50:40 AM
Quote from: shelbymann1970 on November 14, 2023, 11:10:14 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC on November 08, 2023, 10:47:04 AM
They made Hertz cars in 68 and 69 so you are missing some of the "real" ones.

Very kind of you to enlighten us, but we will stick to the originals:

1966 the first ones
2007 the comeback of the convertible
2016 the 50th anniversary

Anything else are just after thoughts or fillers......enjoy !
;D ;D :o ::) what ever... The 68 and 9s are more of the originals than the copycat late models even though those are nice cars also. BTW how can you have a "comeback" if one was never made to be rented en mass? 50th ann? Most Ford guys love to point out that a Camaro couldn't have a 45th ann because they quit making them for years. I agreed but also put forth you couldn't have a 50th ann KR nor a 50th ann Hertz since they didn't make them every year.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

FL SAAC

mon ami,

yes the 07 qualify as the topless convertible come back

The 07 is also a low production CSM car at 500

The 16 is also a low production CSM car at 171

Well the 66 is just that a 66

Enjoy your day

Back to sticky topics: It means that it is a permanent topic on some occasions
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King ! 3 times over 20,000 +

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Chris Thauberger

Being the "All time post count king" on a forum is kinda like being rich in Monopoly



Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500