News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

More Questions About Date Codes

Started by nightmist67, January 29, 2022, 01:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightmist67

The engine in my 1969 GT350 is a 1975 date code block with early 1969 date code heads, carburetor, and distributor.  The vehicle was assembled in late December 1968.  Upon inspection of various original date coded parts, I've found them to range from late 8J to very early 8M, with the majority in the early to middle 8K timeframe.  That being said, what would be the most likely date code range for the engine block and other date coded engine components?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: nightmist67 on January 29, 2022, 01:21:22 PM
The engine in my 1969 GT350 is a 1975 date code block with early 1969 date code heads, carburetor, and distributor.  The vehicle was assembled in late December 1968.  Upon inspection of various original date coded parts, I've found them to range from late 8J to very early 8M, with the majority in the early to middle 8K timeframe.  That being said, what would be the most likely date code range for the engine block and other date coded engine components?
After reading your post it seems like you have kind of answered your own question. The 8J to earlier 8M  time frame is a reasonable guide line with a early 8M closer to ideal. Just my opinion.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby