News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Shelby 289/302 ram box/mini-plenum

Started by Pcunder, August 03, 2026, 06:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbf777

#15
Quote from: Pcunder on August 07, 2026, 09:51:44 AMThose NOS 4100s are only 480cfm but not sure if that's close enuf...as they say.

    I'd just run 'em!  Remember, whatever they might flow is multiplied by a factor of two, which works out to be a fair sum of carburetion for something under an 8.200" deck height block.  ;) 

QuoteWhile collecting Autolites, I wan across a device that "converts" a 4100 to mechanical 2ndaries...No, not a double pumper but wonder if that's close enuf or makes it better... Hmmmm

    I'd probably say that that would not be the best idea; as with the rather large plenum area that that manifold presents, this generally dictates the need for a lot of "pump-shot" to overcome fuel delivery deficiencies in transitional throttle instances, and the 4100's won't be able to provide this.  So if not for an all-out race effort and your gonna try 'em, leave 'em as vacuum operation.  :)

    Scott.

     P.S.  If your not gonna run 'em, and you don't want 'em, I'll give ya' fifty bucks for 'em!   ::)

JohnSlack

Quote from: kram350 on August 06, 2026, 08:54:45 PMPcunder, Made my own gaskets, just scissors and a hole punch. Just a heads up and probably not really necessary but some safety wire on the interior manifold bolts might be wise. A loose bolt could ruin your day.

I would ABSOLUTELY suggest safety wire, I had one of the center plenum bolts come loose on a Mini-Plenum. The bolt made it to the #4 exhaust valve.

John

tesgt350

Just curious,  How would this Intake do on a Pikes Peak Run?

pbf777

Quote from: tesgt350 on September 30, 2026, 04:17:05 PMHow would this Intake do on a Pikes Peak Run?

    Not I've ever been directly involved in such, but based on my observations, this is an event requiring significant sums of throttle modulation and as stated previously, this intake as presenting a rather expansive plenum volume, isn't probably the best at this.   ;)

    Scott.