News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Picture needed

Started by Coralsnake, September 21, 2026, 04:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

#15
Mr Gaines, just take your car apart for me, please

I dont think I have that little jog (looks like two 90 degree turns to move bottom outward) in the bottom flat part
Shelby Historian. Check out theCoralsnake.com

I'm looking for 9F02M480004. Have you seen it?

67350#1242

Bob's curves toward the back of car - Coralsnake's curves toward the front.  Not the same.
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 67350#1242 on September 23, 2026, 06:39:36 PMBob's curves toward the back of car - Coralsnake's curves toward the front.  Not the same.
By gosh your right. I am not clued in enough to say why there is a difference. Strange because the geometry on mine does not seem abnormal in any direction.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

#18
Since mine is for a 351W (69/70 GT350 )I wonder if it might have to do the other one having the bend forward being for a 351 Cleveland? When looking up the 351 W Z bar on NPD's website it shows a picture of my Z bar but has a notation that 1970-1970 MUSTANG 351C, USABLE AS A REPLACEMENT .In other words the 351 W Z bar can be used as a replacement for the 351C Z bar and the 351 C Z bar can be used as a replacement on a 351W.  https://www.npdlink.com/product/clutch-equalizer-bar-aka-z-bar/196894  .That would explain why the one Coralsnake posted works for the 351 W even though it is a different shape.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67350#1242

I have a nice original (like Bob's) if interested.
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB

Coralsnake

Thanks, I just looking to identify them at this time
Shelby Historian. Check out theCoralsnake.com

I'm looking for 9F02M480004. Have you seen it?

J_Speegle

Sorry for the delay. Been a bit slammed. Looked through my pictures not expecting to find any clear pictures since from the bottom you have PS, steering and exhaust in the way and from on top, booster, master cylinder, shock tower support..... but got lucky on a couple and they match so here is my offering on the subject from unrestored 351W manual transmission car built at Dearborn

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and SAAC Concours Advisor

Coralsnake

Thanks to everyone that has helped. If anyone else has an early GT350 4spd would love to see the equalizer bar
Shelby Historian. Check out theCoralsnake.com

I'm looking for 9F02M480004. Have you seen it?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on September 28, 2026, 10:51:44 AMThanks to everyone that has helped. If anyone else has an early GT350 4spd would love to see the equalizer bar
FYI the picture I posted in reply #5 is of 0999.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Shelby Historian. Check out theCoralsnake.com

I'm looking for 9F02M480004. Have you seen it?

Coralsnake

I think I may have solved this question. It appears, the 1970 Fairlane bar will also work on a Mustang. Whooda thunk?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/297772830708
Shelby Historian. Check out theCoralsnake.com

I'm looking for 9F02M480004. Have you seen it?