News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through https://saac.wildapricot.org  to validate membership.

Main Menu

Intake manifold plugs?

Started by SFcarbuff, September 25, 2026, 06:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFcarbuff

I am looking for a picture of the correct intake manifold plug on a late production 1966.  If someone has two that would be great.  Thanks

J_Speegle

#1
Two of them? Guess you have more than one non-automatic 66 or want a spare.  ???

As for the plug I would suggest the square head with the divot on the one side or add that details once you find a usable plug with the square head.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and SAAC Concours Advisor

s2ms

#2
Hi Jeff, I thought the correct plug is a hex head?

Original from my 66...

Dave - 6S1757

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Here's a picture of the plugs in the intake of a Hertz car when we repainted the engine in 2021
A metal tube attaches to the back fitting for the automatic transmission, the other is a pipe style fitting for the PCV valve. It's the picture i have at this time
Owned since 1971, NOW DRIVEN OVER 250,000 MILES, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

J_Speegle

#4
Quote from: s2ms on September 26, 2026, 01:46:59 PMHi Jeff, I thought the correct plug is a hex head?

Kid of expected this question. Should have included more in my first response.

Appears, IMO based on what I've collected, both were used.  Guest we could ask what the OP meant by "late production"
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and SAAC Concours Advisor

SFcarbuff

Thanks for the pictures..  My car was not shipped from SA until Nov 1966

J_Speegle

Quote from: SFcarbuff on September 26, 2026, 08:09:27 PMThanks for the pictures..  My car was not shipped from SA until Nov 1966

Shipping date from Shelby's not going to place it well for this discussion.

Here are some additional pictures hex or six sided on left - square or four side on right

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and SAAC Concours Advisor

SFcarbuff

Thanks for the latest pictures. They helped alot.