News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Looking to find this information

Started by Vann, September 14, 2026, 02:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vann

Hello everyone,I am the current owner of SFM6S879, a 1966 Shelby GT350 Street car originally delivered through Bill Kolb / Larsen Ford in White Plains, NY.I am currently working to bridge a major history gap on the car between its delivery in 1966 and when it was logged into the SAAC database. The car is confirmed and listed in my copy of the 1987 Second Edition Registry, but I am trying to find out who owned it right before that.The car has all its core authentic structural markers completely intact, including the matching numbers K-code block, the internal trunk frame rail dual-exhaust reinforcement blocks, the cowl reinforcement, and the raw, hand-stamped "SFM89" tracking mark on the passenger-side inner fender.Because SAAC's official paperwork redacts past names for privacy, I am hitting a brick wall. Since the early books were public, I am hoping a member with a physical copy of the 1982 First Edition SAAC World Registry (the green hardcover) could do a quick look-up for 6S879 and let me know what name and state are printed next to it.Finding that 1982 name will give me the first solid lead to track down its 1970s history, local New York/East Coast club ties, or old classified listings.Any help, historical leads, or Larsen Ford/Bill Kolb stories from that era would be incredibly appreciated!Thank you,I appreciate all the help. I've owned this car for the last 30 years and just took it out of storage after 15 years. I'm now retired, looking to get back in the swing of things. If anybody can give me a copy of the page in the 1982 registry of my car. please send it to laundry222do@msn.com Thank you.

S7MS427

Vann,

The early registries do not have much in the way of footnotes and really no information regarding ownership chains. That being said, the original owner was G. Yance of Stamford, CT. The 1982 registry lists the next owner as Jacques R. Miller (Mudelein, IL). The 1987 registry shows Peter Hoogheem as the owner. The next registry I have is from 2011 and it has the beginings of a real owner chain, but I'm sure you've seen that one. Jerry Hoos is the next listed owner, followed by John Bobowski as the last know owner. These individuals are all located in Illinois. I woud think that Howard Pardee could be of some help to you in your search for past history on the car.

FYI, the 1982 registry is a soft cover with multiple color photos. This registry was prone to falling apart, so what you may have seen is one that was recovered by a bookbinder. Hope this all helps.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

Bob Gaines

I will PM you the owner as of 1982 registry and you can share if you wish.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Vann

Thank you, gentlemen. I am John Bobowski. I've on the car I believe now 30 years. It's been in storage for 15+ years due business but now retired. I'm looking to get a copy of the 1982 or any pictures of it if you guys could send it to me that would be very awesome. Very excited to be back into the hobby. It's to be all summer to get it running after sitting for so long thank you very much John.

Vann

Hi Bob where did you get the original owners information.ie. documents that authenticate this is the first owner.

Best Joh

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Vann on September 23, 2026, 01:52:42 AMHi Bob where did you get the original owners information.ie. documents that authenticate this is the first owner.

Best Joh
The 1982 SAAC registry.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

roddster

  Jerry Hoos, former member of the Northern Illinois Shelby Club.  RIP.

Vann

Hi Bob, I saw your message. Thank you very much. I just received the 1982 registry. I found Jackie's SLs registered, but I couldn't find G Yance. Can you tell me what page he's on?

Bob Gaines

The name I sent you was the current owner at the time of the 1982 printi
Quote from: Vann on September 24, 2026, 04:48:08 AMHi Bob, I saw your message. Thank you very much. I just received the 1982 registry. I found Jackie's SLs registered, but I couldn't find G Yance. Can you tell me what page he's on?
The name I sent you by PM was what was in the registry as last recorded owner of 879 at the time of the 1982 printing.  I did not see the name G Yance. I don't know where to tell you to look for that name.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

Quote from: Vann on September 14, 2026, 02:45:23 AMHello everyone,I am the current owner of SFM6S879, a 1966 Shelby GT350 Street car originally delivered through Bill Kolb / Larsen Ford in White Plains, NY.I am currently working to bridge a major history gap on the car between its delivery in 1966 and when it was logged into the SAAC database. The car is confirmed and listed in my copy of the 1987 Second Edition Registry, but I am trying to find out who owned it right before that.The car has all its core authentic structural markers completely intact, including the matching numbers K-code block, the internal trunk frame rail dual-exhaust reinforcement blocks, the cowl reinforcement, and the raw, hand-stamped "SFM89" tracking mark on the passenger-side inner fender.Because SAAC's official paperwork redacts past names for privacy, I am hitting a brick wall. Since the early books were public, I am hoping a member with a physical copy of the 1982 First Edition SAAC World Registry (the green hardcover) could do a quick look-up for 6S879 and let me know what name and state are printed next to it.Finding that 1982 name will give me the first solid lead to track down its 1970s history, local New York/East Coast club ties, or old classified listings.Any help, historical leads, or Larsen Ford/Bill Kolb stories from that era would be incredibly appreciated!Thank you,I appreciate all the help. I've owned this car for the last 30 years and just took it out of storage after 15 years. I'm now retired, looking to get back in the swing of things. If anybody can give me a copy of the page in the 1982 registry of my car. please send it to laundry222do@msn.com Thank you.

Have you contacted Howard Pardee the SAAC '66 Shelby Registrar???
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0