News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through https://saac.wildapricot.org  to validate membership.

Main Menu

9F02R480317on BAT

Started by 5s386, September 20, 2026, 06:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbymann1970

FWIW the seller posted more pics and didn't answer my question or post pics of the areas in question. See the new pics and what he said and be your own judge . Personally I have no problem with metal replacement if done right. People seem to forget these are Rustangs and very few survive today with zero rust repair or metal replacement from accidents. My friend owns 2 such cars and one is a 5k mile ex drag car 69 B2 and a 69 Calif 69 Boss 9. I've used those cars as a ref for Dearborn cars as to how they were assembled(welded)  as were Shelbys down the same line
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

2008 GT-C

I think that it's great that there is a Shelbyman70 or Coralsnake to answer questions about these cars and add input where it may be necessary. These cars can sell for a large amount of money. I spent my time crawling under cars at the Barrett Jackson Auction when they passed through CT and saw a lot of poor workmanship. Maybe the future owner does not care but I know that I do. My friend has a saying on his spray booth "Good work isn't cheap. Cheap work isn't good". 
2008 Shelby GT/SC #102

Coralsnake

I probably get a little too involved, first to admit it,

There is a lot of bad information and even a little intentionally misleading stuff on the website
Shelby Historian. Check out theCoralsnake.com

I'm looking for 9F02M480004. Have you seen it?