News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Lil' Red's nose ring

Started by 2112, March 31, 2020, 03:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

I havent found pictures yet! You would think that one would be out there
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

propayne

I'm sure people have thought of this already, but check with the LA based newspapers still publishing that were around in '66 and see if there are any photos in their archives.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Richstang

Quote from: roddster on April 05, 2020, 10:29:30 AM
    I wonder about how Lil'Red looked at the Los Angeles Auto Show in January 1966.  What, nobody walking around with a camera??

The LA Auto Show started October 27 and ended Nov 6th 1967. This was a month before Little Red was completed.
The info on that LA Auto Show is from old research and not accurate.

The June '67 issue of the Cobra Crier noted
"Shelby American was represented in the Custom Car Show at the Sports Arena by a Supercharged GT350 and "Big Red" our blown experimental GT500."

Note the "BIG RED" comment!
Brian Styles adds some very interesting theories on the nicknames along with further info on Little Red, that I hope will appear in the upcoming documentary.

Since this was a June issue we suspect it was a May 1967 event, not January at the Auto Show.
More on the three 'Cobra Crier" issues can be found on our 'SRG' (1967 Shelby Research Group) site in the below link.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/shelbyresearch/dvAkK5TuaXs/ZWqtWmjYAwAJ
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar