News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 Shelby Cobra GT500KR fender emblem

Started by 68ShelbyKR, March 04, 2020, 03:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

The snake is S8MS-16098-F

The 428 plaque is S8MS-16098-G
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

Quote from: dirpubsaf on March 06, 2020, 06:44:17 PM
Bob Gaines, thanks for the pic!

I clearly see the difference.  Now I have to find a set.   

Any suggestions?
The story is that there is this guy Pete Disher that has a entire storage cabinet full but he is a hoarder so it is hard to talk him out of them. His typical story when you ask is that he doesn't have any or that the 69 ones are just as good. I think Coralsnake has contact info on that guy .  ;) 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

68ShelbyKR

coralsnake,  for what it's worth, every single thing I pull with that part number is the snake with the cobra plate attached to the bottom.

I even found some like that with that part number stamped on the back.  See pic.
"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby

I've always been asked, 'What is my favorite car?' and I've always said 'The next one.' - Carroll Shelby

Coralsnake

68ShelbyKR

Thank you!

Looks like I'll be buying if you guys are at SAAC indy this year!

Bob or Coralsnake, if you have any nos parts available for sale, could you please email me at dirpubsaf@aol.com or call/text at 317-557-3061?

Thanks
"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby

I've always been asked, 'What is my favorite car?' and I've always said 'The next one.' - Carroll Shelby

Coralsnake

68ShelbyKR

Thank you so much.

BTW, I have a childhood friend that has a 68 KR that belonged to his Dad and has been sitting garaged since the 70's.  The only thing not original is the fuel and oil. It has 15,000 original miles on it. I have tried for years to get him to get it running, but it has too much meaning to him and he won't touch it. 

I remember in high school my buddies and I would go over to his house just to stare at the car.   :D

I did talk him into sending me a couple of pics of the emblems last night, but they are poor quality.  I think I'm going to have to travel and  just show up at his house and see if he will let me take some detailed pics.

But of course it won't tell me any part numbers.

I'll attach the pics he sent for what its worth.

68ShelbyKR

Bob,

I finally was able to get hold of Pete Disher and told him you suggested I contact him.

He sounded like he was a little upset and then mentioned your name and made some other statements regarding animal husbandry, restraining orders, sheep, you owing him a substantial amount of money and I swear he said you had something to do with the sinking of the Titanic.

It was awkward to say the least.   ;)

Coralsnake

Bob Gaines

Quote from: dirpubsaf on March 09, 2020, 05:54:42 PM
Bob,

I finally was able to get hold of Pete Disher and told him you suggested I contact him.

He sounded like he was a little upset and then mentioned your name and made some other statements regarding animal husbandry, restraining orders, sheep, you owing him a substantial amount of money and I swear he said you had something to do with the sinking of the Titanic.

It was awkward to say the least.   ;)
He will get over it  ;)  :D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Just for the record, Mr Gaines does not owe me any money. The stuff about sheep is totally true. They do have a restraining order against him.

Crackers I say!

:o

68ShelbyKR

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on March 09, 2020, 08:51:16 PM
Just for the record, Mr Gaines does not owe me any money. The stuff about sheep is totally true. They do have a restraining order against him.

Crackers I say!

:o
Baaaaaaaaaaaa