News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

KR Replacement Leaf springs?

Started by proford1, March 04, 2020, 08:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

proford1

Anyone out there that has bought new rear leaf spring and are happy with the ride height have a part number to order? i looked at npd and the only 1 i see for a 428 mustang states 1" lowering? i want a stock ride height. and i have my original set to use the bottom leaf with part number. thanks in advance. Mike

Coralsnake

NPD shows 5560-31 as the 428 rear leaf spring, its supposed to match the OEM
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

papa scoops

for what it's worth, if you are looking to "level the car out" you might have to go with custom made. many many years ago, th ford mpc listed many different springs, ratings, depending on options and body type. my 68 little block had the typical squat that was built into the car, I ordered the heavyest ford had, gt 500 convertible with automatic and ac. I doubt it raised the car a 1/4 inch. I do think the convert spng mmay have been a tad longer though, but that was a long time ago.next mod was a set of high jackers. that did the trick, phred

Bob Gaines

Keep in mind when evaluating by looks that the stock factory height sets the car lower in the back then the front. Many people confuse that as the springs are worn out. Not so. If your personal choice is to make it level or the rake higher in the back just know the look is not factory stock. Don't be surprised if showing a car with that modified level of higher in the back look a mention or even a deduction in a concours venue. Now back to spring choices. :D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

proford1

68ShelbyKR

"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby

I've always been asked, 'What is my favorite car?' and I've always said 'The next one.' - Carroll Shelby

shelbydoug

Verify before you buy.

Here's the reason. All of the Shelby Mustangs got Ford's "high performance" rear spring. Regular production Mustangs did not.

The "H-P springs" are what is responsible for the squat rear.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!