News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Would you rather have a small block or a big block Shelby and why?

Started by Greg, February 26, 2018, 09:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Jim Herrud on February 27, 2018, 11:45:22 PM
Don't know if it's true, but I was told that one of Carroll Shelby's quotes was: "There's no such thing as too much horsepower, only too little traction".

Which is why stock tires don't cut it.

kjspeed

I guess this sentiment from Mr. Wells sums it up best (photo courtesy of CobraJeff from 2018 NPD Roundup - Tom & Kay Wells 557 cu.in. 1981 Mercury Zephyr Station Wagon)
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Bigblock

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on February 27, 2018, 10:39:14 PM
There's No Replacement for Cubic Inch Displacement

By Jonathan WC Mills
September 26, 2013

Fast Eddie 'the Mann' in the pits, early 70s.
"No replacement for displacement"
As he talked about his B429 Cougar.

shelbydoug

Wait, wait, wait...has anyone here ever heard of anyone complaining that a 427 in a Cobra is no good?

This always comes down to the debate between the skinny girls with the A and B cups complaining that they want to scratch the eyes out of the DD show offs. Sour grapes. Get over it.

8)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

Skinny girls with the itsy bitsies need luv just like the small block 250hp cars do. There is a lid to every pot so to speak. ;) Big is intimidating with a wow factor of a sledgehammer. Engineers and designers understood this 50 years ago and has stood the test of time.

FL SAAC

as one of my dear japanese friend SAKI would say : rook big monsta, its godzira.....lun.....lun....hide ! sayonara....

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FH187

Had high hopes of finding a 1965 or early 1966 back in mid 1980's.Unfortunately too expencive even then,considering our custom taxes.Ended up with an early 1967 500,are not complaining!        😁
Not original engine,but the 427 are bringing up a smile everytime!Well,changing plugs are not easy,but it works out-eventually.      😊

GT500KRust

Big block all the way. Practical considerations like fuel economy don't enter into the equation.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

A car only has enough power if you can pass the astronaut physical, you're wearing a G-Suit and you pass out when you hit the gas, other than that they both are great, small block for handling, big block for just plain scaring the living daylights out of yourself and others
Owned since 1971, now driven over 248,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

shelbydoug

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on February 28, 2018, 07:26:32 PM
A car only has enough power if you can pass the astronaut physical, you're wearing a G-Suit and you pass out when you hit the gas, other than that they both are great, small block for handling, big block for just plain scaring the living daylights out of yourself and others

;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on February 28, 2018, 07:26:32 PM
.     Well I very much enjoy scaring myself and others,so..........

TedS

Back in the 70's our KR had 2x4's, 4:11 gears and auto trans. You'd be cruising along minding your own business when you felt the need to hammer the right peddle. The trans would find "passing gear", as it was called, the secondaries would come in and life got pretty exciting real quick. Good possibility you just smoked a Chebbie. All with air conditioning running wide open. But I do understand the fun you can have with a SB. Still fun, just different.
"Everybody to their own taste said the old lady when she kissed the cow"