News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 Smooth Deluxe Seats original vs. good/ excellent repros

Started by Kent, October 02, 2026, 05:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

My 67 GT500 has the smooth deluxe seats ( I know this is rare) and I have 2 sets of seats here and I wonder if both are original because there are some differences. The left one is an original in my opinion but is the right one also correct or maybe a later ford part or just a good repro?
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Kent

more pics left one should be original, right one is maybe newer (fomoco?) upholstery
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Bob Gaines

I would love to help but can't open a HEIC file to view pictures.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kent

SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Kent on October 02, 2026, 05:19:44 PMmore pics left one should be original, right one is maybe newer (fomoco?) upholstery
I agree with your opinion. Both look to be OEM because of the welting. The left vinyl grain looks more typically assemblyline to me.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby