News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

When the PHOENIX gets resurrected

Started by FL SAAC, June 11, 2024, 07:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

It's been missing for a long time. Some want to believe it's still out there, some know its been shredded.

But we have always felt that "the craftsmen" have been stirring the pot for ages reconstructing and properly aging this "Phoenix" or "Jimmy's 67 GT500" or "939"

Making sure that once presented to us the public, "everything" is beyond kosher.

My contribution will be this one detail,  I don't want you to miss this....

Make sure you place the antenna on the front passenger fender.

No need to thank me

P. S. can anyone say the approximate date Connie's PINK GT500 will be revealed to the public ?
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

WOW, I did not know Jerry Garcia had a 67 Shelby!!
RARE  Signature Delete

Coralsnake

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 11, 2024, 07:45:49 AMIt's been missing for a long time. Some want to believe it's still out there, some know its been shredded.

But we have always felt that "the craftsmen" have been stirring the pot for ages reconstructing and properly aging this "Phoenix" or "Jimmy's 67 GT500" or "939"

Making sure that once presented to us the public, "everything" is beyond kosher.

My contribution will be this one detail,  I don't want you to miss this....

Make sure you place the antenna on the front passenger fender.

No need to thank me

P. S. can anyone say the approximate date Connie's PINK GT500 will be revealed to the public ?

Heres my contribution:

That's not car Morrison's car, #939 in the photo. The picture is a fake. The image of Morrison was added to a photo from a classic car dealership.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

FL SAAC

Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 11, 2024, 09:35:05 AMWOW, I did not know Jerry Garcia had a 67 Shelby!!

Funny that you mention this....

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Even today, over 50 years since his untimely death, Morrison still enjoys a reputation not afforded to many rock stars. Nevertheless, Jerry Garcia was certainly not convinced.

In an interview back in 1974, the Grateful Dead songwriter rallied against The Doors' frontman, saying, "I never liked The Doors. I found them terribly offensive when we played with them, it was back when Jim Morrison was just a pure Mick Jagger copy"

Of course, that is a reasonably contentious take from Garcia. Especially given the fact that Jagger himself spent much of his early career doing a bad impression of Black blues singers.

Nevertheless, Garcia continued, "That was his whole shot, that he was a Mick Jagger imitation – not vocally, but his moves, his whole physical appearance were totally stolen from right around Mick Jagger's 1965 tour of the states".

The songwriter's dislike for Morrison was not limited to his Jagger-esque persona, taking offence at the popularity The Doors garnered, "He started to earn a reputation as a poet, which I thought was really undeserved," adding, "There was nothing there that I wanted to know about. He was so patently an imitation of Mick Jagger that it was offensive."

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 11, 2024, 09:37:52 AMThat's not car #939. The picture is a fake. The image of Morrison was added to the photo from a classic car dealership

OK OK OK, just play along

Go on, do tell, correct me please is 939 his....or what number was Jimmy's carro or voiture in frenchamoe ?

I have all UNGOLD cars