News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 GT500 oil cooler adapter extension fitting

Started by shelbydoug, June 06, 2024, 11:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

I need to know if the extension fitting/sleeve for the oil fiter adapter is a generic Ford part and the number.

I misplaced mine and can't find a basic part number on it to research it? If there is anyone here who knows, I would appreciate it.

I'm thinking that it isn't a unique part, that it is from another Ford industrial application but I don't know that for sure?

Anyone know?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

I think you are going to find your options are very limited and/or expensive

You would probably decide to spend your time looking for the one you have.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

shelbydoug

According to your illustration it is basic  6882/adapter.

That is Shelby unique?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

I am not sure if its Shelby unique, but I dont think I have ever seen one that was without the adapter

Coralsnake

68blk500c

shelbydoug

Yes, that's it. The doughnut is the "difficult" thing to replicate. The adapter already exists over at Canton for their doughnut which is very similar.

Thanks for posting. My adapter is here somewhere in this mess? Mom was right. "How can you find anything in this room?"  ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Terry Curry

Did I miss something, did 1967 Shelby GT 500's come with external oil cooler factory or is this a "Day 2" type of add on?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Terry Curry on June 17, 2024, 01:12:33 PMDid I miss something, did 1967 Shelby GT 500's come with external oil cooler factory or is this a "Day 2" type of add on?
Only GT500's with air came factory with oil cooler.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

98SVT - was 06GT

Buy the one from Canton. Your old one will appear within 1/2 hour of finishing the installation.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

JD

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on June 17, 2024, 01:47:13 PMBuy the one from Canton. Your old one will appear within 1/2 hour of finishing the installation.

Oh -yes!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Coralsnake

Yes I see Jegs has a similar one as well (probably the same)

You could probably modify it.

shelbydoug

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on June 17, 2024, 01:47:13 PMBuy the one from Canton. Your old one will appear within 1/2 hour of finishing the installation.

It only works in certain instances. My cat was missing for a few days. We thought it was curtains so we got another. Then she came home with eight kittens. So somehow one cat turned into ten?

There is now way too much meowing going on around here. My German Shepard now puts her head under the pillows for quiet.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

TA Coupe

We have nine cats, two fosters and go out and feed about thirty ferals or more between our town and the next one over. All of our cats have been on TV also.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.