News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

LEMANs June 12-16, 2024

Started by FL SAAC, May 24, 2024, 07:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Less than a month away.

Team Proton, Team Multimatic, and of course Ford Performance will campaign three Mustangs in the 24 hours of LeMans.
Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"
I have all UNGOLD cars
I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Quote from: FL SAAC on May 24, 2024, 07:50:16 AMLess than a month away.

Team Proton, Team Multimatic, and of course Ford Performance will campaign three Mustangs in the 24 hours of LeMans.

starts this week LEMANs June 12-16, 2024 
I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Great results for the GT3 Ford Mustang for the first time out of the Coral

Congratulations, Team Proton Competition! Dennis Olsen, Giorgio Roda and Mikkel O. Pedersen drive Ford Mustang GT3 to its first-ever podium at the FIA WEC 24 Heures du Mans!

All three Mustang GT3's finished the race with the No. 88 of Dennis Olsen (NOR), Giorgio Roda (ITA) and Mikkel O. Pedersen (CAN) crossing the finish line third in the LMGT3 category.

The No. 44 driven by Christopher Mies (GER), John Hartshorne (GBR) and Ben Tuck (GBR) finished in fourth place

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

LE MANS 2024 historic, for the first appearance of the Mustang GT3: immediately on the podium and three Mustangs in the top ten
I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Multimatic built the cars in the heart of NASCAR country - M Sport in England built the engines. I wonder how long before the inhouse managers and engineers at Ford fear for their jobs and screw up the program - ala 1965 and 1968.

NOT the first podium for the GT3 - but yes their first at LeMans.

Let's not forget it's not Multimatics first rodeo: Engineered, built and homologated by Multimatic, the Ford GT raced to class victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in its debut season.

But the bottom line that is being celebrated in the halls of Dearborn today is the fact that the Mustang again put the Corvette back on the trailer.....
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on June 17, 2024, 12:57:01 PMMultimatic built the cars in the heart of NASCAR country - M Sport in England built the engines. I wonder how long before the inhouse managers and engineers at Ford fear for their jobs and screw up the program - ala 1965 and 1968.

Let's not forget it's not Multimatics first rodeo: Engineered, built and homologated by Multimatic, the Ford GT raced to class victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in its debut season.

But the bottom line that is being celebrated in the halls of Dearborn today is the fact that the Mustang again put the Corvette back on the trailer.....
How many class wins does the Mustang have at the 24hr of LeMans?
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

JD

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on June 17, 2024, 12:57:01 PMMultimatic built the cars in the heart of NASCAR country - M Sport in England built the engines. I wonder how long before the inhouse managers and engineers at Ford fear for their jobs and screw up the program - ala 1965 and 1968.

+1
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on June 17, 2024, 01:49:33 PMHow many class wins does the Mustang have at the 24hr of LeMans?

ZERO - 3rd in 2024 has been the only time they finished. Claude Dubois was a DNF in 1967 with his 65 GT350. Saleen ran in 1997 with 2 cars and the same result X2 - DNF.

1967 - In a similarly small field, there were only the seven entrants in the Group 3 GT category. The Scuderia Filipinetti and Equipe Nationale Belge teams supplemented their Prototype entries with Ferrari 275 GTBs. They were up against Belgian privateer Claude Dubois, running a burly Shelby-modified Ford Mustang GT350, and an American-entered second generation Corvette Stingray. Finally, there were four Porsche 911 S, as the car started becoming the privateer's car of choice. Bondo drove a Corvette for Dana Chevrolet it DNFed after 13 hours. The Mustang was out at 7 hours.

1997 - One Saleen went out due to electric trouble and the other just states wheel. But a Saleen did win in 2010. Not a Mustang though - For 2010 Larbre competed once again with the 10-year-old Saleen S7-R in the Le Mans Series, the team took the last LMGT1 class win as well championship victories from both Le Mans Series and Intercontinental Le Mans Cup.
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE............ Steve Saleen has outlined plans for a potential return to the 24 Hours of Le Mans with a hydrogen-powered prototype around the ACO's new set of regulations.
Announced on Thursday (June 13, 2024) in the Hydrogen Village at Circuit de la Sarthe, Saleen Automotive inked a deal with Solution F, which will develop internal combustion hydrogen powertrains for future Saleen road cars, including a planned supercar.
The V6 twin-turbo engine, developed by the French company with support from Motul, has the ability to operate on both hydrogen and traditional/synthetic fuels.
A demonstration hydrogen-powered Saleen road car is expected to be ready by the fourth quarter of this year, ahead of production in the 'coming years.'
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/saleen-eyeing-le-mans-return-with-hydrogen-powered-prototype/

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Great effort by all, Mustang's rule!
I have all UNGOLD cars