News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Which under air vent is correct?

Started by deathsled, May 19, 2024, 12:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I bought an under air vent that had no holes for two things that go on it one being what my buddy said is an attachment for the wiring harness and the second one for a turn signal fuse.  The vent hole has a plastic grill.  I found another vent that has no plastic grill and also has the attachment points.  It has a lid that looks like it was partly opened by a can opener instead of a plastic grill.  Is the third one the real one?  I am suspecting the one I got was an old aftermarket clone.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

J_Speegle

Both are original to and for different production periods at San Jose.  Would need to know (already got that its a 66 from your other post) when, about, your car was completed at San Jose
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

deathsled

It would be car 843. Registry says a radio was installed on 1-31-66 by (for) Hi Performance Motors.

davez

My 66 #236 has the style with the plastic grille
#1127 has the style with the metal bottom that looks pried open like your top and bottom pictures
Dz

J_Speegle

Quote from: deathsled on May 19, 2024, 01:35:52 PMIt would be car 843. Registry says a radio was installed on 1-31-66 by (for) Hi Performance Motors.

Thanks

The metal one would be my suggestion

Four of many unrestored examples from 66 San Jose built Mustangs/Shelbys

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

TLea

Metal was used into early 67 model year production

Brant

-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

J_Speegle

Since we're covering all the bases  :)  For San Jose built cars we find the plastic cover design used on 65 so in turn the 66 carry overs. There have been some discussions about different patterns possibly used at the other two plants during these time periods

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Brant on May 20, 2024, 10:01:02 AMHere is the original from 6S933:

That is almost too pretty to hide behind the dash.😉
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

deathsled

Quote from: Bob Gaines on May 20, 2024, 04:19:43 PM
Quote from: Brant on May 20, 2024, 10:01:02 AMHere is the original from 6S933:

That is almost too pretty to hide behind the dash.😉
It sure is. There is a certain beauty I find to individual car parts. I will search for a metal one. I am sure I had one with the car but got lost in the shuffle. Thank you for everyone's input

S7MS427

6S817 has the same style as 6S933.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

deathsled

I am going to get the correct one.  Metal is better than plastic anyway so I like the metal one more.  Thank you for taking the time to look under the respective dashes.