News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

California dreamin'

Started by deathsled, May 11, 2024, 07:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I thought it highly appropriate if, but for a blip of time, to bolt on 843's original California license plate along with an aftermarket Hi-Performance Motors frame where the car was invoiced.  Drove around the area a bit imagining the Pacific Ocean to my left while headed in a northerly direction on the Pacific One. I can dream a bit.
Damn it I love this car!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

They look right at home. I had replaced them for awhile with AGT35OH personalized plates (someone else had the plate with the zero - I used an O and the shape of the letter was closer to the GT350 font on the stripes) (Jim Wicks bought those plates from me). If you move to CA you can run YOM (year of manufacture) plates on the car. You can use my address if you want to register it here.....
PS - you want the ocean on your right. San Diego is a lot better place to visit than San Francisco.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on May 11, 2024, 09:14:05 PMThey look right at home. I had replaced them for awhile with AGT35OH personalized plates (someone else had the plate with the zero - I used an O and the shape of the letter was closer to the GT350 font on the stripes) (Jim Wicks bought those plates from me). If you move to CA you can run YOM (year of manufacture) plates on the car. You can use my address if you want to register it here.....
PS - you want the ocean on your right. San Diego is a lot better place to visit than San Francisco.

I still have fond memories of driving out to buy your car.  I had never been out to California before then.  Even during my law school days I had dreams of taking the California bar exam.  It never happened but still the state (politics aside) is beautiful in every way.  I plan to get 843 out to California if but once to drive the Pacific One.  I would trailer the car out.  The plan is not out of the realm of possibility.  You will have the opportunity to drive her again if/when that happens.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"