News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Thread listed each time there is a post

Started by 6s1640, April 16, 2024, 10:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi all,

This seems to be a new feature on the SAAC forum.  It appears a thread is listed every time there is a comment.   It pushes other recent threads off the recent thread list.  See attached image for example.  The one topic is listed five times, original post plus four replies.  I did like when a thread had a reply it would move to top of recent thread list.  Thoughts?

Cory

Side-Oilers

This was mentioned elsewhere, but I agree and would like to have it back the way it was.

Another problem with it now is that I lose track of previous threads when they get quickly buried by new replies.

Can we have a vote on going back to the old method?
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

sd427

tesgt350

I 4th that thought.  One person could make 15 reply's to the same post and knock every other post off the list.  I like seeing 15 different Topics.

shelbydoug

I already voted against it. The moderator here uses his own preferences. It makes it look like there is more activity going on here then there really is.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

JD

Now this topic doesn't seem to be appearing in the "Recent Posts" section! ?
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

tesgt350

Quote from: JD on April 17, 2024, 09:46:18 AMNow this topic doesn't seem to be appearing in the "Recent Posts" section! ?

Nothing from "The Lounge" ever appears in the "Recent Posts" section.

silverton_ford

I just use the "Unread Posts" button at the top of the page and go through them one by one, so the "Recent Posts" list on the main page is not a concern to how I use the forum.  I find that using the "Unread Posts" button, I am able to keep up with all new posts since I last visited the site.  If I don't finish reading them all, I just leave the page open and come back to it later, but I am using my desktop computer....I'm not sure how others use it on tablets or cell phones. 

The "Recent Posts" has always been only a small sample of what is recent and not everything recent in a day or two is listed because it cannot fit them all at times.  I find all recent posts in the "Unread Posts" button regardless of how long it has been since I last looked at the forum.  It could be several days until I get back to the forum, but using the "Unread Posts" button I am able to catch up on everything posted in that time frame since I last visited.

rhjanes

Quote from: silverton_ford on April 17, 2024, 10:14:34 AMI just use the "Unread Posts" button at the top of the page and go through them one by one, so the "Recent Posts" list on the main page is not a concern to how I use the forum.  I find that using the "Unread Posts" button, I am able to keep up with all new posts since I last visited the site.  If I don't finish reading them all, I just leave the page open and come back to it later, but I am using my desktop computer....I'm not sure how others use it on tablets or cell phones. 

The "Recent Posts" has always been only a small sample of what is recent and not everything recent in a day or two is listed because it cannot fit them all at times.  I find all recent posts in the "Unread Posts" button regardless of how long it has been since I last looked at the forum.  It could be several days until I get back to the forum, but using the "Unread Posts" button I am able to catch up on everything posted in that time frame since I last visited.
This is what I've always done with a lot of forums.   After I read "recent Posts", I then click the "mark all posts read".  That way my next visit on clicking "recent posts", the posts I've already seen, don't show up, unless they have a new post. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork