News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

We are LIVE on the new server

Started by computerworks, April 08, 2024, 01:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Herrud

Quote from: computerworks on April 08, 2024, 08:24:59 PM
Quote from: Jim Herrud on April 08, 2024, 04:50:49 PMIs there a way to view "All Posts", or "Read Posts"? If there is, I was never able to find it on the old software.

All Posts show by default.
At the upper left of Home Page, there is a link to only show Unread Posts.
I stated my question poorly. On many other forums, if I select "Mark All Read", and then press the button to request all Unread posts, I usually get a response which says:

"You have no unread posts. You may view all latest posts instead."

Is there a way on this forum to similarly view all latest posts?

This would be useful because at times, I quickly scan the new posts and then hit the "Mark All Read" button. Then afterwards, I realize there was a post that actually looked interesting and I would like to find that post again. I usually don't recall which sub-forum it was in. I wind up searching in various sub-forums to find it or searching the title as best I can remember it. "Viewing all latest posts" gives me the same post listing as the original "Unread" listing before I marked it read. 

Shelby Buff.
I used to be a "Vintage Car" guy. Now I'm just a "Vintage" car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.

rkm

JD

I was having withdrawal issues, I can relax now ;-)

THANKS ALL!!!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

sd427

Quote from: Jim Herrud on April 08, 2024, 10:00:17 PMIs there a way on this forum to similarly view all latest posts?

This would be useful because at times, I quickly scan the new posts and then hit the "Mark All Read" button. Then afterwards, I realize there was a post that actually looked interesting and I would like to find that post again. I usually don't recall which sub-forum it was in. I wind up searching in various sub-forums to find it or searching the title as best I can remember it. "Viewing all latest posts" gives me the same post listing as the original "Unread" listing before I marked it read.

On the main forum page, scroll down to the bottom.  You'll see a section named Recent Posts, with the 15 most recent posts. If the one you are looking for is older than those 15, click on the words "Recent Posts", and you'll go to a new page with 100 recent posts, split across 10 pages.

Jim Herrud

Quote from: sd427 on April 09, 2024, 02:03:44 AM
Quote from: Jim Herrud on April 08, 2024, 10:00:17 PMIs there a way on this forum to similarly view all latest posts?

On the main forum page, scroll down to the bottom.  You'll see a section named Recent Posts, with the 15 most recent posts. If the one you are looking for is older than those 15, click on the words "Recent Posts", and you'll go to a new page with 100 recent posts, split across 10 pages.

Perfect! That's what I was missing. I hadn't thought of clicking on the "Recent Posts" heading.
Thx!
Shelby Buff.
I used to be a "Vintage Car" guy. Now I'm just a "Vintage" car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.

KR Convertible

Is anyone else having trouble reading the pages with the new layout?  I made it bigger, but still struggling.  Can the font be made any bolder?

And yes, I'm getting old, I know.   :'(

Lincoln tech

Quote from: KR Convertible on April 09, 2024, 03:28:13 PMCan the font be made any bolder?
It would easier to read and look better too.

Hipo-Fred

Quote from: Lincoln tech on April 09, 2024, 04:18:36 PM
Quote from: KR Convertible on April 09, 2024, 03:28:13 PMCan the font be made any bolder?
It would easier to read and look better too.

+1, agreed. Otherwise, looks great ... nice job Ron!

Fred

computerworks

Quote from: KR Convertible on April 09, 2024, 03:28:13 PMIs anyone else having trouble reading the pages with the new layout?  I made it bigger, but still struggling.  Can the font be made any bolder?

specifically... the font in which area?

daltondavid

Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM

KR Convertible

The font in the responses to each post especially.  But, it would probably help everywhere.

Thanks for all the hard work. Appreciate the improvements!

computerworks

Quote from: KR Convertible on April 09, 2024, 11:44:55 PMThe font in the responses to each post especially. 

Adjusted some settings..
.. is this better??

JD

Quote from: computerworks on April 10, 2024, 12:12:15 AM
Quote from: KR Convertible on April 09, 2024, 11:44:55 PMThe font in the responses to each post especially. 

Adjusted some settings..
.. is this better??

Yes, that does seem better - Thanks!!
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

KR Convertible

Yup.  Looks a little bigger.  Not really darker.  It might be the varying shades of grey on the background.  Thanks.

terlingua11

SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R