News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Farewell my Friends - The last of SA in SoCal

Started by FL SAAC, April 07, 2024, 06:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

End of an Era at 19021 S Figueroa St, Gardena, CA 90248

Will be closing in April 2024

Gone, But Not Forgotten...
Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"
I have all UNGOLD cars
I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

This should be in SA History section - I imagine the building will be visited by the SAAC paparazzi over the next couple of weeks to document it's passing. There will also probably be lots of dumpster divers looking for souvenirs.

It's been quietly for sale for the last couple years.

OVC is looking for a new home - https://www.shelby.com/Vehicles/OVC-65-GT350  Time is critical if you know of space in LA/OC give Jim a call.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Sad situation for some folks that may not relocate

c'est la vie

I have all UNGOLD cars

Don Johnston

Maybe we can get bits of the building as souvenirs for a nominal fee (or is it phenominal?).  I had not seen this closing posted elsewhere.  So where are OVC, Shelby Licensing, THe Foundation, Shelby Enterprises and the Team Shelby folks going?   8)

deathsled

And in the coming decades there will be the paranormal investigators. Perhaps.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Don Johnston on April 13, 2024, 03:20:08 AMMaybe we can get bits of the building as souvenirs for a nominal fee (or is it phenominal?).  I had not seen this closing posted elsewhere.  So where are OVC, Shelby Licensing, THe Foundation, Shelby Enterprises and the Team Shelby folks going?  8)

OVC barely made their deadline to be out on 5-22. They moved to Huntington Beach near Foose's. The Foundation will become work from home. Licensing/Enterprises was in reality run out of the attorney's office. I think TS has been in LV for awhile. As far as souvenirs the building is getting an entire new roof - there should be plenty of stuff. I imagine the new owners will be reconfiguring the interior so get there early and see if you can get some of the OVC wall with signatures or the Camilo Pardo murals.

Still one of my favorite photos of the place. OVC was assembling cars for Milbank. One of their customers came to test his new car and promptly put it over the center divider and onto its roof.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

TA Coupe

Above photo reminds me of a Nor Cal event at Ironstone winery and a guy that nobody had ever seen before was bragging about what a great driver He was in his 460 powered Cobra and how he would rent Race tracks just for him and a few friends. And then when he left the event promptly put it through a chain link fence and into a marshy area. KARMA BITES AGAIN

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

FL SAAC

Quote from: FL SAAC on April 07, 2024, 06:26:06 AMEnd of an Era at 19021 S Figueroa St, Gardena, CA 90248

Will be closing in April 2024

Gone, But Not Forgotten...

Citizens you heard it here first !

another one gone, but not forgotten
I have all UNGOLD cars