News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

New Auction for 1967

Started by Coralsnake, April 06, 2024, 08:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

S7MS427

Here are some questions that come to mind regarding the Vehicle Authenticity Certificate that SA creates, as it pertains to the vehicles built by Shelby American, Inc. or Shelby Automotive, Inc. between 1962 - 1970:

• What kind of research does SA do to substantiate their statement that the vehicle has been verified in the Official Shelby American Registry?
  • Does someone from SA come out and look at the car (and who would pay for such a thing, the owner, right)?  I'd put the possibility of this happening at about 0%.
  • What does this cost the vehicle owner? The Shelby Store lists 1983 - 2023 certificates for $35, with no mention of 1962 - 1970 vehicles.
  • Does SA have legal access to all the data that has been collected on our cars over the years (SAAC registries, Marti Reports, or, in the case of a '67 Shelby GT, a report from the 1967 Shelby Research Group.)?  I'd be far more trusting of these data sources.   I know that these are at least backed up by real data.
I've never seen or heard of this registry, especially when it comes to the cars produced from 1962 through 1970.  Or maybe I've just been living under a rock all these years?  And it sounds to me like a ploy to separate unknowledgeable owners from hard earned dollars.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

Coralsnake

I think you have answered your own questions.

They dont have legal right to anything SAAC or Marti has. They tried suing SAAC for that and lost
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

427heaven

For those that are genuinely interested in jumping in.....  and purchasing these cars, there is real help on this site that can help you with your decision-making process. Good Luck it is a BEAUTY!!! ;)

S7MS427

Quote from: Coralsnake on April 06, 2024, 11:18:23 AM
I think you have answered your own questions.

They dont have legal right to anything SAAC or Marti has. They tried suing SAAC for that and lost

Thanks, Pete.  Good to know and pretty much what I was expecting.  I was just asking from an enthusiast's point of view as this sort of thing sets off alarm bells and pegs my BS meter.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040