News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

lot of racing history in one photo

Started by gt350shelb, December 04, 2023, 08:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

gt350shelb

one of the few places i can  see some of the restoration projects that are not on the west coast

98SVT - was 06GT

I'm done. Of course they vintage race those under the new rule allowing 358" (old NASCAR engines). Mine still has 310" and only about 650 hp giving up 150 hp to the 358.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

gt350shelb

yes there was a time when we could buy a 358 cup engine for less than we could sell a 310 for .

propayne

Of course I LOVE that Roush Cougar.

I featured that Mustang on a VRG poster I illustrated and designed a few years back.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

gt350shelb

deathsled

Tommy Kendall's car.  I remember watching him race on the Speed Channel or Speed Vision back in the 90s.  He was unstoppable.  I met him back in 2019 at Road America and he signed a Ford Racing flag for me.  Great guy.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: propayne on December 07, 2023, 09:01:18 AM
I featured that Mustang on a VRG poster I illustrated and designed a few years back.

Great poster!  My car was also originally a Fox body. The Speedway Engineering DeAtly Camaros were winning TA at the time. The attorney who built my car bought a roof from Ford and took it to Speedway so they could modify the upper cage to fit the Mustang (the rules required steel roof but the rest could be fiberglass). Since it's now just a track day toy I'm going to run the spoiler rather than the wing to make it more period correct.
The design was bulletproof. All the 30+ cars Roush/Protofab built still exist.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless