News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Diane Feinstein

Started by azdriver, September 29, 2023, 07:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfm5

Quote from: azdriver on September 29, 2023, 07:10:17 PM
Saw something that said she had a 1965 Shelby.. this was on the internet so not sure if true or not..... any information?

https://www.caclubindia.com/wealth/dianne-feinstein-net-worth/

Last car listed in her collection.

Pat

Interesting. I'm just having difficulties picturing Dianne Feinstein driving a car with no power steering or brakes, never mind pushing down the heavy clutch on a '65 GT350! Every time I take mine out my left leg gets a workout.
65 GT350

deathsled

The car might have been her husband's car and when he died in 2022 it became part of his estate and fell into her ownership.  Sheer speculation on my part.  I just finished scouring the 1997 Registry for 1966 Shelby Mustangs for her name/ his name (Richard Blum) in case the news article was mistaken about the year.  Found nothing.  Once again, did not do a deep dive on individual cars.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

I'm having difficulty picturing that scenario. Are you sure that it said she owned one and not tried to outlaw them? That would seem more logical?

That car you need some muscles to operate. She is not the typical owner type with 18" biceps like Parde. It also helps if you are deaf as well, but I guess that is irrelevant since it will make you deaf eventually anyway?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

6S1568

Time for Howard to jump in.

FL SAAC

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"
I have all UNGOLD cars
I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on September 30, 2023, 04:57:16 PMI just checked the 1997 Registry 001 to 562 and did not see her name nor the name of her last spouse Richard Blum affixed to any of the cars.  Maybe the car was held in a trust?  Or name withheld/ whereabouts unknown and so on.  I did not take a deep dive into the individual histories.
I suspect if there was one in their garage it would have been seized by .gov from the owner for some crime. The report would have had the value and she would have arranged for hubby to buy it for a couple hundred - after all it's just an old Mustang.

Here is just 1 example: The US has entered into a contract with a real estate firm to sell 56 buildings that currently house U.S. Post Offices. The government has decided it no longer needs these buildings, many of which are located on prime land in towns and cities across the country.
The sale of these properties will fetch billions of dollars and a handsome 6% commission to the company handling the sales. That company belongs to a man named Richard Blum. Who is Richard Blum you ask?
Why the husband of Senator Dianne Feinstein, that's who.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

shelbydoug

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on October 02, 2023, 03:25:40 PM
Quote from: deathsled on September 30, 2023, 04:57:16 PMI just checked the 1997 Registry 001 to 562 and did not see her name nor the name of her last spouse Richard Blum affixed to any of the cars.  Maybe the car was held in a trust?  Or name withheld/ whereabouts unknown and so on.  I did not take a deep dive into the individual histories.
I suspect if there was one in their garage it would have been seized by .gov from the owner for some crime. The report would have had the value and she would have arranged for hubby to buy it for a couple hundred - after all it's just an old Mustang.

Here is just 1 example: The US has entered into a contract with a real estate firm to sell 56 buildings that currently house U.S. Post Offices. The government has decided it no longer needs these buildings, many of which are located on prime land in towns and cities across the country.
The sale of these properties will fetch billions of dollars and a handsome 6% commission to the company handling the sales. That company belongs to a man named Richard Blum. Who is Richard Blum you ask?
Why the husband of Senator Dianne Feinstein, that's who.

Well I suppose that you have to go deep to hide that kind of swindle from the Trump Organization? Makes sense. That's as bad as the Clarence-'Ginny Thomas conflicts.

Great reporting. I give an A+.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

rhjanes

IF her estate actually includes some classic cars, I suspect they were purchased for investment purposes only.
Remember the crash in 1988.  Lots of Wall Street types were suddenly in classic car markets, art markets, having a wine cooler built at their estate which would store their 50,000 bottles of wine....they one's they were buying like a 4 year old in front of the Brach's candy bins at the Piggly Wiggly. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

shelbydoug

Quote from: rhjanes on October 02, 2023, 05:14:09 PM
IF her estate actually includes some classic cars, I suspect they were purchased for investment purposes only.
Remember the crash in 1988.  Lots of Wall Street types were suddenly in classic car markets, art markets, having a wine cooler built at their estate which would store their 50,000 bottles of wine....they one's they were buying like a 4 year old in front of the Brach's candy bins at the Piggly Wiggly.

Good point, and they still are "in the market" for collectables. Diversification is important then and now.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!