News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Original factory "427 Ford Cobra" fender side emblem and 1974 SOA club meet flag

Started by jagcollector, September 27, 2023, 03:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagcollector

In 1974, I lived in Southampton, N.Y. and became friends with a fellow who owned a 427SC. I have no idea of its VIN, as back then I had no need to ask. He was a member of what was called the Shelby Owners Association and I went to their meet with him in August, 1974, where I got the flag and stick-on sign, which was never applied- still has its peel-off backing. He gave me unforgettable, rocket-start rides in that car and ruined me for life. He saw my "want", and told me he'd bought a theft-recovery 427 from the police impound lot somewhere out on L.I., and he'd sell it to me. No engine, trans, interior, or wheels! Since, as a student, I didn't have a pot to pee in, he let me have the emblem off the front fender. The car had suffered horribly in police hands; thus the dings in the emblem. I was still super proud to have it. I've kept all three treasures in a jewlery box, but life presents changes and now I'm downsizing and selling things. I am open to fair offers. Thank you for your time reading my story. $1,500 obo.