News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"
I have all UNGOLD cars
I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

pbf777

I always thought the "Grab-Her" colors were BOSS?  ::)

Scott.

FL SAAC

Quote from: pbf777 on June 07, 2024, 10:59:20 AMI always thought the "Grab-Her" colors were BOSS?  ::)

Scott.

be good Scotty, be good !
I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

keeping it up with the bosses...
I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

and if that don't work,  here's a picture of a gal that use to skate around H.H. mansion back in the day....cheers !
I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

TA Coupe

Cobra poster and a picture of the Warren Tope/Bill Maier 73 Trans Am Mustang. And a couple of pictures from the first Trans Am reunion at Sears Point 1989.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

FL SAAC

Drivable Automotive Art
I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

one fierce tweety superbird canary
I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 10, 2024, 07:31:08 AMDrivable Automotive Art
The driveable part is questionable - Titus nicknamed the original - gyro - you'd never know which way it would point.

The Cheetah was designed to be a cruising machine or styling exercise, not a racing car. Thomas wanted a prototype to show General Motors the level of work his company could do with the intent to obtain additional contract work. After construction began Thomas decided the car would also compete on the racetrack to further promote the concept. The chassis had not been designed for this and therefore was not rigid enough for racing. This problem emerged once the car began to compete.
Work started on the Super Cheetah early in 1964, roughly within the same timeframe as Carroll Shelby's "Ferrari-focused" Shelby Daytona racing coupe. A 4130 chrome moly steel space frame was produced for the Super Cheetah, incorporating changes suggested by Chevrolet during its evaluations at Riverside with input from Bob Bondurant, Jerry Titus, and others from June 1963 to 1964. The redesign also incorporated changes learned from experience with racing the original Cheetahs.

http://www.tamsoldracecarsite.net/MartinHill944TitusCheetahRiv64.html

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Boys and girls, we give you number SIX !

In 1963 a young jazz musician named Herbie was just beginning his career and spent his first royalty check on financing a new AC Cobra for $6000 after a friend told him it was better than a Ferarri and the station wagon Herbie wanted wasnt cool.

It was the sixth Cobra ever built and it was his daily driver for many years. For perspective, Carroll Shelby himself owned the first one.

One night long ago, this car drag raced Miles Davis on the streets of Chicago and easily beat the Maserati that Davis was driving.

In 1990 he would buy a new Ferarri and stored this Cobra saying it had become too valuable to drive. He actually went to his garage and sat down to apologize and explain to the Cobra why he bought a Ferarri, adding "at least it's not a Chevy!"

Herbie Hancock still owns this car and is the longest original owner of any Cobra at 61 years.
I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars