News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

My weekend at the 1/8 Mile in Germany, no prep racing really fast on a 1/8 Mile

Started by Kent, July 02, 2023, 04:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

I hope everybody likes this I just want to share my weekend with you guys. Leave a thumb up at YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB-5We1dkfU
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

Always fun. When I was a kid we ran 1/4 mile. I used to go to the new Irwindale (1/8 mile) with my neighbor and help him run his Camaro. He passed away a couple years ago. The car is just sitting and the son who drove it has no interest in it anymore.

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Kent

Nice wheelie also if its a really high. My Mustang can pull wheelies but I try to don't do them as they slow down the car.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Side-Oilers

I've tried the 1/8 mile a few times. To me, the fun's over way too soon.

Wheels-up launches are one thing (and definitely fun) but winding out the car in at least three gears in the 1/4 (and hoping the engine stays together...if its your street car) is part of that more-fun longer experience.  Gives you more seconds of adrenaline rush in trying to beat, or catch up with, your opponent.

1/8th mile is all launch, with crazy-short gears. The kind of ratios where you putt around the pits at 4000 rpm.  Doesn't interest me.

Kinda reminds me of first-time sex as a teen...it's all over before you barely realize it started.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Kent

1/8 th mile is more fun as you have to react very good and with to much hp on no prep its hard to finde the edge of traction, this run was really clean. There is some wiggle room for a 5.9 but that will be next year.