News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

How is the weather treating you today?

Started by FL SAAC, October 17, 2022, 05:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: FL SAAC on August 28, 2023, 12:41:38 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on August 28, 2023, 12:06:36 PM
Now you can get the fish pre-cooked straight out of the ocean! Saves a lot of time!

Comon man , no fish today lobsta cakes... yumny

You do know that you do not eat the shells right? Lobsta' comes outa' cold watta' like in Maine.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbydoug on August 28, 2023, 12:44:45 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on August 28, 2023, 12:41:38 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on August 28, 2023, 12:06:36 PM

You do know that you do not eat the shells right? Lobsta' comes outa' cold watta' like in Maine.

Maine lobsta.....to old and stuffy for us, throw that critter out

Have some fresh Fl hot sunshine grown lobsta.....much better !
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Quote from: crossboss on August 28, 2023, 11:45:11 AM
More hillbillie weather for you in Florida: humidity, bugs, tornados, and hurricanes. Have fun...

Well although I am not a hillbillie, redneck or good ol boy. I am honored to know and associate with quite a few.

All I can say is what an honor to be one.

What I have seen is their values, including love and respect for nature, strong work ethic, generosity toward neighbors and those in need, family ties, self-reliance, resiliency, and a simple lifestyle.

Heck that there is being an American  !

By the way you know they are opening up a new bucees near ocala, of course you do

I have all UNGOLD cars

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on August 28, 2023, 12:51:36 PM

Or one of the 100,000 DDT laden lobsters taken annually off SoCal:
California's coastal waters are home to a multitude of invertebrates. The California spiny lobster takes a particularly special place within this group as a highly sought-after target of both California's recreational and commercial fisheries. Recreational lobster season opens in October and closes in March.

From the 1930s to early 1970s, companies were allowed to dispose of chemicals off the California coast. One of those chemicals, DDT, is a synthetic insecticide developed in the 1940s and banned in 1972 for its detrimental impacts on humans and wildlife. Decades later, scientists have found that the pesticide remains in high concentrations on the ocean floor and has never broken down.

Following the recent discovery that up to 500,000 barrels of the banned pesticide DDT were dumped into the Pacific Ocean off Southern California,
Montrose employees transported barrels of DDT and acid sludge waste from the company's Torrance, Calif. facility to barges, where they were dumped into the ocean near Santa Catalina Island. The massive ocean dumping site was discovered by scientists in 2020.
There are also more shallow areas off the Palos Verdes coast and at the mouth of the Dominguez Channel that have been known DDT hot spots for decades.

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

crossboss

Quote from: FL SAAC on August 28, 2023, 07:11:24 PM
Quote from: crossboss on August 28, 2023, 11:45:11 AM
More hillbillie weather for you in Florida: humidity, bugs, tornados, and hurricanes. Have fun...

Well although I am not a hillbillie, redneck or good ol boy. I am honored to know and associate with quite a few.

All I can say is what an honor to be one.

What I have seen is their values, including love and respect for nature, strong work ethic, generosity toward neighbors and those in need, family ties, self-reliance, resiliency, and a simple lifestyle.

Heck that there is being an American  !

By the way you know they are opening up a new bucees near ocala, of course you do

We have seen pictures of you....I will leave it at that.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

We have seen caricatures of you...guess we are even...

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on August 28, 2023, 07:35:02 PM

California's coastal waters are home to a multitude of invertebrates. The California spiny lobster takes a particularly special place within this group as a highly sought-after target of both California's recreational and commercial fisheries. Recreational lobster season opens in October and closes in March.

From the 1930s to early 1970s, companies were allowed to dispose of chemicals off the California coast. One of those chemicals, DDT, is a synthetic insecticide developed in the 1940s and banned in 1972 for its detrimental impacts on humans and wildlife. Decades later, scientists have found that the pesticide remains in high concentrations on the ocean floor and has never broken down.

Following the recent discovery that up to 500,000 barrels of the banned pesticide DDT were dumped into the Pacific Ocean off Southern California,
Montrose employees transported barrels of DDT and acid sludge waste from the company's Torrance, Calif. facility to barges, where they were dumped into the ocean near Santa Catalina Island. The massive ocean dumping site was discovered by scientists in 2020.
There are also more shallow areas off the Palos Verdes coast and at the mouth of the Dominguez Channel that have been known DDT hot spots for decades.

You guys are the best !

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbydoug

They don't dump anything off of Maine's coast. Not even the bodies of missing Mafiosos. In Florida, you just dump them in a sink hole...good for the mob but not for the Corvettes.

The water temps just recently measured off the coast of Miami were around 96°F. That is so high it is killing the corals, turning them pure white when they die.

Lobsters are true bottom scavengers and prefer cool water.

As far as pollutants in the food supply, if you check the EPA's maximum recommended consumption of Tuna, it is something of the order of 1 individual serving per week because of mercury poisoning.

When I was still taller, many years ago, the discussions about what caused the fall of certain civilizations, the mention of Rome brought up the lead content of consumed liquids caused by the absorption of said liquids stored in un-glazed clay potteries.

I'm wondering now if hopefully in the very distant future, when scientists attempt to analize the fall of the "American Experiment", cultural changes like those currently being seen in Florida are not on the list.

Birds of a feather flock together. So do ass holes apparently?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

Quote from: shelbydoug on August 29, 2023, 10:02:25 AM

They don't dump anything off of Maine's coast. Not even the bodies of missing Mafiosos. In Florida, you just dump them in a sink hole...good for the mob but not for the Corvettes.

The water temps just recently measured off the coast of Miami were around 96°F. That is so high it is killing the corals, turning them pure white when they die.

As far as pollutants in the food supply, if you check the EPA's maximum recommended consumption of Tuna, it is something of the order of 1 individual serving per week because of mercury poisoning.

When I was still taller, many years ago, the discussions about what caused the fall of certain civilizations, the mention of Rome brought up the lead consumed because of it's content in consumed liquids. That  caused by the absorption of said liquids stored in un-glazed clay potteries.

I'm wondering now if hopefully in the very distant future, when scientists attempt to analyze the fall of the "American Experiment", cultural changes like those currently being seen in Florida are not on the list.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

When I was still taller, many years ago, the discussions about what caused the fall of certain civilizations, the mention of Rome brought up the lead content of consumed liquids caused by the absorption of said liquids stored in un-glazed clay potteries.

I'm wondering now if hopefully in the very distant future, when scientists attempt to analize the fall of the "American Experiment", cultural changes like those currently being seen in Florida are not on the list.

Good to get the opinion of a professional chef  :

Charlie Tuna is dead due to lead poisoning

"Lobster prefer cool water" so you have been talking to lobster's?

Lobsters dont care what temperatures they are in, until you boil em and they scream.

Buy boy are the Delicious

Stop worrying so much , enjoy life eat a FL lobster !

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Going to speak to our Governor Ronnie D to make a Corvette part of the FL hurricane kit

Lest we forget those Corvettes are impervious to everything

Definetly a Superior Automobile, you have my vote...Go C8 !

Oh by the way filmed in MIAMI

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a40195323/florida-corvette-driver-somehow-makes-it-through-flood-waters-up-to-windshield/
Quote from: shelbydoug on August 29, 2023, 10:05:42 AM
In Florida, you just dump them in a sink hole...good for the mob but not for the Corvettes.

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbydoug

A totally unexpected GM design consideration for sure. Chevy could make a nice commercial out of that.

Not only do you have to look out for 'gators and snakes suddenly coming out of the water, now Corvettes as well! Seems subversive to me. Maybe the FBI should investigate? Maybe it only happens in Florida? Desantis should love it...part of the "tourism attractions".
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

crossboss

Quote from: FL SAAC on August 29, 2023, 05:46:41 AM
We have seen caricatures of you...guess we are even...

One big difference V.I. your 'caricatures' are fake. You wish you looked like me...
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30