News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

5 Greatest Missing Car Mysteries Ever!

Started by BGlover67, April 05, 2022, 03:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter L.

I'm not sure what your point is. Kevin Marti verified both the fender stamping and door tag, and various date codes.  However with possible millions of dollars at stake, it could be a clever hoax. But as they say "prove it".
I for one hope it's the real deal.
KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

crossboss

Quote from: Peter L. on April 06, 2022, 02:26:00 PM
I'm not sure what your point is. Kevin Marti verified both the fender stamping and door tag, and various date codes.  However with possible millions of dollars at stake, it could be a clever hoax. But as they say "prove it".
I for one hope it's the real deal.

Marti did not 'prove' anything. The Mustang in question had the inner panels replaced. There were no VINs. Its all bs. Btw, put yourself back in 1968. No one was 'fixing' up a wrecked/totaled/stripped car back then. Was not worth it.
Anyways, we agree to disagree on this.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Peter L.

KR 4052

deathsled

Ken Miles's car 5R002 ended up in Mexico used as a chicken coop, I believe.  I have no opinion on the stunt Bullitt.  Just adding that at least one legit and historically valuable car ended up in Mexico.  If it were me with the Miles car, as I said before, I would have set it up as an automotive shrine and offered it cans of prime motor oil and autolite spark plugs on the days it won races.  It would be the R model's and my little secret.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Peter L.

I seem to remember a story about a Boss 429 discovered in Mexico being used as a dog house.
KR 4052