News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Is this the greatest country in the universe or what

Started by FL SAAC, January 26, 2022, 07:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

Would agree, and the newest "Nobel" with so many great "ideas".....Newsom? No-sum? No- sense? My personal fave, Neisance!!!
NY and CA have one thing in common, many, (I said many), producers have left.
It seems that one of the best to leave, is Elon Musk, although his cars do nothing for me.....

The bad part of many leaving NY and CA is no doubt they will bring their "voting habits" with them and spread it too many good states. We are worried here...
RARE  Signature Delete

67 GT350

Quote from: TA Coupe on January 29, 2022, 02:22:31 AM
Let's get this thread back on target ,meaning pickles. Here's a picture of a 2 and a 1/2 quart jar of them that only costs $2.79 at my local Food Maxx store. I usually try to keep a couple of them on hand..😺

Roy

Since 1926.....Depression time?
RARE  Signature Delete

67 GT350

Quote from: 557 on January 29, 2022, 11:56:02 AM
Medical advances developed in the golden state have probably improved/saved the life of someone close to you,so there's that as well.World class research/educational facilities.Leaders in arts,entertainment etc.,etc.,etc.so as far as dumb.......... :D

Neil Young is a great example.....LOL (he may or mayn't be living in CA or NY) dont know dont care). Hollywood? LOL....Education??? LOL
"Hopeless"
RARE  Signature Delete

Neil Young is an excellent musician.I enjoy his work.

427heaven

I love the banter on here... Not much thought from some about what they actually have in life. There are many places on this planet to go live in- Russia, Middle east, China, North Korea. If you so much as speak of your unhappiness about your living arrangements they feed you to some ravenous starving dogs, cut your tongue out, chop your hands off or make a public spectacle of you to SHOW the others what will happen. Its the greatest country on planet earth... Enjoy it!

shelbydoug

Quote from: 427heaven on January 30, 2022, 09:49:55 AM
I love the banter on here... Not much thought from some about what they actually have in life. There are many places on this planet to go live in- Russia, Middle east, China, North Korea. If you so much as speak of your unhappiness about your living arrangements they feed you to some ravenous starving dogs, cut your tongue out, chop your hands off or make a public spectacle of you to SHOW the others what will happen. Its the greatest country on planet earth... Enjoy it!

Seemingly, one of the "traditions" we have in this country is to complain about something or everything. There are no limitations.

We all have the freedom to relocate to a place that we feel more comfortable in and certainly there are enclaves where you can find groups that feel exactly like you do. Granted you might have to search a little since some of them don't want you to find them.

It does seem that when some vent here, it seems harsher or more radical then necessary. That may simply be the power of the written word.

How serious do you take it when in person someone complains about their wife, their kid, their job or their boss? Certainly we all complain about our lousy sports franchises with their astronomical payrolls and embarrassing team results?

I do think about these issues a lot. Maybe too much? I've been asked not to associate myself with people on the left AFTER OPENLY SYMPATHIZING and asked by people on the right TO PLEASE not say that I know them? So if I say "bah Humbug" to you all, you probably could have seen that coming and I'll understand if you cross the street and go the other way in anticipation of having to AVOID saying hello to me. I've actually learned to expect that. ;)

There is a lot of frustration out there, and folks need to blow some of that steam off without fisticuffs. But remember, we as a group are a passionate group and some of the things that are cherished here is the possibility of exchanging ideas, peacefully with the purpose of "forming a more perfect union." Not a simple task.

There aren't a lot of other places where that is possible. Hopefully that will survive here and wasn't just Polyanic foolish thinking all along?

The sight of the arm of the Statue of Liberty's arm, holding the torch, projecting out of the sand on a deserted beach, with its meaning completely ignored, hopefully is just a really bad dream another was having and not an inevitable prognosis of things to come?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 557 on January 29, 2022, 12:14:04 PM
Neil Young is an excellent musician.I enjoy his work.
So you're that guy. As a solo artist he sucks. But just like there's a butt for every car seat - there is an ear for every record. Buffalo Springfield was good. Crosby Stills & Nash was good - CSN & Young sucked. Maybe Canada will take him back.

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

I am so glad we live in a country where I am FREE to completely disagree with you( and can express that without any "re-education requirement") . God I Love America! ;D

shelbydoug

Quote from: 557 on January 30, 2022, 12:33:32 PM
I am so glad we live in a country where I am FREE to completely disagree with you( and can express that without any "re-education requirement") . God I Love America! ;D

Some people would prefer to constantly call, text and email the radio station complaining about the music rather then change the channel.

I prefer to think of it more positively.

"Living in America is really neat. You don't have to run through the jungle and scuff up your feet".
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Largest racetrack in the world.  Just get out in your car and drive.  Of course I say this in jest and do not endorse going over the posted speed limit even by one mile per.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Quote from: deathsled on January 30, 2022, 01:49:04 PM
Largest racetrack in the world.  Just get out in your car and drive.  Of course I say this in jest and do not endorse going over the posted speed limit even by one mile per.
.  Well,basic speed law says as long as you are driving at a rate that is safe for the road conditions you are "good to go",so there is some "wiggle room" there. 8)

shelbydoug

I never heard a cop say "do you know how much you were wiggling"?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 557 on January 30, 2022, 02:57:12 PM
.  Well,basic speed law says as long as you are driving at a rate that is safe for the road conditions you are "good to go",so there is some "wiggle room" there. 8)
Not all states have basic speed law. CA has 2 speed laws basic and maximum. Basic is what is safe for conditions - the cops opinion not yours (15 over posted will generally get you a ticket - 1mph over in a school zone with kids can also have the same results). The maximum speed law that says it's illegal to drive faster than 65 anywhere unless it's posted higher. Going into the canyons above Azusa/Glendora there are "end 45 mph" signs - that means you can now drive up to 65 and if the cop is happy that you and your car are safe doing it he won't stop/cite you.

Here's some Neil music to keep you happy - https://www.bitchute.com/video/rccyvkdbk8wf/
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

"Officer discretion" is ALWAYS the deciding factor in my(extensive)experience. :o

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on January 30, 2022, 03:35:56 PM
Quote from: 557 on January 30, 2022, 02:57:12 PM
Not all states have basic speed law. CA has 2 speed laws basic and maximum. Basic is what is safe for conditions - the cops opinion not yours (15 over posted will generally get you a ticket - 1mph over in a school zone with kids can also have the same results). The maximum speed law that says it's illegal to drive faster than 65 anywhere unless it's posted higher. Going into the canyons above Azusa/Glendora there are "end 45 mph" signs - that means you can now drive up to 65 and if the cop is happy that you and your car are safe doing it he won't stop/cite you.

Here's some Neil music to keep you happy - https://www.bitchute.com/video/rccyvkdbk8wf/
LOL!  "He sang a couple popular songs in the 18th century or something..."
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"