News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

is this a original1966 gt350 tachomter

Started by crxnug, October 27, 2021, 07:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crxnug

Hi, is the a original 1966 gt350 tachometer. if so what do you think in regards to condition

GT350Lad

Looks pretty good to me based on those photos. No repos made of those top cobra tachs the early 66 cars had. Date code looks about right.
What number car is it for?
6S373
6S1276

GT350AUS

Looks like the casing is non black crinkle which if it is suggest it's a service part.

To my understanding all original tacho's were black crinkle finish cases

Bob Gaines

The shape of the needle (in this case correct) visually separates the assemblyline version from the the later replacement. A chrome case can readily be painted to assemblyline black wrinkle.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

gt350hr

+1  This date would put it in 400-800 vin range (IMPE) Never reproduced , but I have seen a decal overlay in the past. This one looks legit. "I" would replace the wires as that has a big affect on value and desirability. Paint the cup and get the correct bracket from Virginia Classic Mustang.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

crxnug

what do you think its worth.  i have a pending offer  on it

427heaven

Price is subjective... How bad do you want it, or how long will you have to wait before another one shows up? Hope it works out.

GT350Lad

Exactly, I had my on top cobra one restored and that cost a bit. A nice one is worth grabbing of it fits your cars SFM number
6S373
6S1276