News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Former post counts

Started by BGlover67, April 13, 2018, 03:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

I'm not trying to limit anyone's  posts or discourage them.

I am merely suggesting an alternative to posting things That dont apply to most of the regular readership.

I could always be out of bounds.....
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

gt350cs

Coralsnake,

I agree with you completely. I always appreciate information from knowledgeable sources. This remains the Best Site on the Internet!

Dennis

69mach351w

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on April 13, 2018, 12:10:36 PM
Quote from: 69mach351w on April 13, 2018, 09:39:41 AM
Chris, this is present, the discussion here is the past forum post count before it crashed ::)

How obtuse...
Now, that's Barney Fifes word, you can't use that ;D

69mach351w

Quote from: Coralsnake on April 13, 2018, 01:22:48 PM
I'm not trying to limit anyone's  posts or discourage them.

I am merely suggesting an alternative to posting things That dont apply to most of the regular readership.

I could always be out of bounds.....
You're not out of bounds by no means. If anyone here has knowledge and is glad to let us "not so knowledgeable" learn from, it's you. You are always willing to spread your knowledge here. Unlike some others who is extremely knowledgeable who think we "learners" shouldn't or don't need to know. Or criticize us and think we are here cause we're  out to get 'em!!!  Or steal their knowledge somehow.  I have seen this on so many forums that it's ridiculous at times. 

I think the knowledge here is "bar none" the best first gen Shelby knowledge there is on the planet. And if others that are knowledgeable don't want to share their knowledge then what's the use?

JMO, so anything I've said here can and will be used against me ;)

gt350hr

It's simply too bad that the "rating system" established on the old forum couldn't transfer.  Calling anyone with thousands of posts a "newbie" is/was hard for some of us to take.  Now say a real "newbie" comes along and wants information from a "veteran newbie" , where is the newbie's confidence level?  This is the exact reason I did like several others and added my former post count. Not to push my chest out and brag , but to reassure the response they get from me is not a "newbie" response . "If" I was smart enough to post pictures , my former post count would be in the 5 digit range. Posting just to get the highest post count is childish IMHO.
     People all over the internet predicted our demise because of the crash. We have proven we are not ones to accept defeat. The experts who contribute here should be acknowledged because without them we would be a "picture" forum.
       Rant over,
        Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

69mach351w

Quote from: gt350hr on April 13, 2018, 03:00:24 PM
It's simply too bad that the "rating system" established on the old forum couldn't transfer.  Calling anyone with thousands of posts a "newbie" is/was hard for some of us to take.  Now say a real "newbie" comes along and wants information from a "veteran newbie" , where is the newbie's confidence level?  This is the exact reason I did like several others and added my former post count. Not to push my chest out and brag , but to reassure the response they get from me is not a "newbie" response . "If" I was smart enough to post pictures , my former post count would be in the 5 digit range. Posting just to get the highest post count is childish IMHO.
     People all over the internet predicted our demise because of the crash. We have proven we are not ones to accept defeat. The experts who contribute here should be acknowledged because without them we would be a "picture" forum.
       Rant over,
        Randy
It won't take long like others have said, if anyone who is a newbie, as you guys call them, to figure out who is the knowledgeable members. Those newbies, if they stick around long enough, and need some viable information, will learn quickly who those experts are. JMO

gt350cs

Well said JMO. It doesn't take long to figure it out.

69mach351w

Quote from: gt350cs on April 13, 2018, 03:16:54 PM
Well said JMO. It doesn't take long to figure it out.
Thank You ::Bow with 1 hand in front and other in the back:: ;D

Bigfoot

Expert or not expert people should post and keep it fun.
Isn't that what it's all about.....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Shelby_r_b

Maybe I'm ignorant (wouldn't be the first time  ;D), but are people really posting just to get their counts up?

Just so everyone knows - I've been a SAAC Member for no less than 3 years, and if I had a sticker attached my the back of my car reflecting SAAC posts / Shelby knowledge to the extent people post "26.2" on the back of their car, mine would read "0.0".  I aspire to the "5K" sticker.  ;)

Shelby_0022...learning more everyday!
Nothing beats a classic!

BGlover67

Quote from: Bigfoot on April 13, 2018, 03:40:43 PM

Word
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

shelbydoug

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on April 13, 2018, 12:10:36 PM
Quote from: 69mach351w on April 13, 2018, 09:39:41 AM
Chris, this is present, the discussion here is the past forum post count before it crashed ::)

How obtuse...

30 days is solitary for you!
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

mark p

Quote from: Bigfoot on April 13, 2018, 03:40:43 PM

+1
That's what I like to think, Biggie  8)
Learn some and enjoy the hobby.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird