News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Orlando Mustang

Started by Shelbybo1, February 02, 2021, 05:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelbybo1

Hey anyone have any engine work performed by Orlando Mustang?

I'm considering having them swap out the original Autolite carb in my '66  Hertz car for something with a bit more giddy-up. 

Thanks,
Jimbo / Fernandina Beach, Fl

Special Ed

Good choice pete been working on shelby for a long time now and he is in your area so thats good.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Shelbybo1 on February 02, 2021, 05:11:13 PM
Hey anyone have any engine work performed by Orlando Mustang?

I'm considering having them swap out the original Autolite carb in my '66  Hertz car for something with a bit more giddy-up. 

Thanks,
Jimbo / Fernandina Beach, Fl
Pete  knows his way around Shelby's. Be sure to keep that valuable carb. I am not sure what your expectations are but don't expect a lot of difference between the correct rebuilt Autolite hipo carb and another. I personally don't think it is a good idea. but that is just me .Others may have a different opinion.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

S7MS427

Quote from: Bob Gaines on February 02, 2021, 07:02:07 PM
Be sure to keep that valuable carb. I am not sure what your expectations are but don't expect a lot of difference between the correct rebuilt Autolite hipo carb and another. I personally don't think it is a good idea. But that is just me. Others may have a different opinion.

Big +1.  You'd be hard pressed to find a better running carb than that Autolite 4100.  Pretty much state of the art even today with annular discharge nozzles and emulsion tubes. And the flow rate is right sized for a 289 at 595-600 CFM.  Any more would be a waste.  And it won't leak around the fuel bowls and metering plates like a Holley.  I think that CFM for CFM it is a better running carb.  Like Bob says, others may see it differently.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

pjg01

i remember reading an article awhile back that the autolite carb actually results in better performance than the holley. the test was done with same 66 shelby with the carbs swapped out, I think it may have been a car Jim Wicks had at the time.

Shelbybo1

Thanks all for your feed back!
jimbo