News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 GT500 engine lift hooks

Started by shelbydoug, December 20, 2020, 06:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Which are the original ones and where do they mount on the engine?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Kent

Hi Dough these are the right ones C6OZ-17K004-A
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

shelbydoug

Quote from: Kent on December 20, 2020, 01:04:03 PM
Hi Dough these are the right ones C6OZ-17K004-A

Yes but where do they mount?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

J_Speegle

Picture of hooks

You asked where they were attached. To the head at an unused (for manifold attachment) on the drivers side over the second port from the rear of the head and on the passenger side the second port from the front of the head is where we often see them on restored cars. Now this can all be a trick question since they were likely removed and reused and are rarely seen or found on unrestored 67 examples. Don't believe I have any examples of them left on an unrestored car in my collection

Will leave it there for others to comment and add to :) 
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

I have seen them in place approximately half the time on unrestored examples.When they were left in place they used a special thin head bolt with a R B W makers mark . Last time I checked you could get the lift hooks and the bolts from Mansfield Mustang.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 21, 2020, 12:46:01 AM
I have seen them in place approximately half the time on unrestored examples.When they were left in place they used a special thin head bolt with a R B W makers mark . Last time I checked you could get the lift hooks and the bolts from Mansfield Mustang.

I have the hooks but not the bolts but I think I remember coming across them and wondering what they were for? Now I know.

Fortunately the previous owner saved everything but didn't necessarily identify ANYTHING.

I wasn't sure if these were like the rear tie down brackets and should have been removed or not?

I can't remember EVER having seen them installed on a running car? Maybe a PO removed them because of the spark plug conundrum?

Considering the weight of this monster engine, I'm not sure I want to risk lifting the engine on that assembly of parts?  ::)

I'm not sure it's "worth" the effort of even considering building a Div 1 car if there is ANY intention of wanting to drive it? There are too many quirky things that make it a bit too temperamental? I'm not sure about that at all?

This might be like regretting reviving the Frankenstien/Frankenstein 'Monster' ? You get a trophy for that and then the Monster kills you with the trophy?  :(
68 GT350 Lives Matter!