News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

How will YOU prepare for a zero emissions world?

Started by deathsled, November 06, 2020, 12:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

My man Marcus Aurelius

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

Quote from: deathsled on November 06, 2020, 05:11:11 PM
Quote from: gt350hr on November 06, 2020, 04:52:43 PM
   By the time that happens I plan on being a jar full of ashes. Earth is on a course toward being like Mars. There will be NO life regardless of how many trees we hug now. Live it up and let evolution take it's course. Worrying about it now is worthless unless you are in the business of making money off of trying to save it. It's going to happen far beyond our lifespans.

You know, your commentary is very stoic and you are 100 percent right. Thank you for that. Marcus Aurelius the great Roman Emperor would approve.
Here are some of his quotes I just looked up...
You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Quote from: roddster on November 09, 2020, 10:01:28 AM
  So, when the world cracks open, at it often does, and spews tens of thousands of tons of junk into the air, how in the hell is driving a zero emission anything will make a difference?

A good Krakatoa eruption would cool us down for decades. Then the religious will need to find another crisis to loose their collective minds over until we reach their true objective of complete control and Marxist utopia.

gt350hr

So, when the world cracks open, at it often does, and spews tens of thousands of tons of junk into the air, how in the hell is driving a zero emission anything will make a difference?

Absolutely! Remember the dinosaurs made FAR less emissions than we savages do and look what it got them. Mother Nature has a way of "leveling the playing field". "Green" is all about "green $$$$s". "Believe it or not" . Of the entire world's population LESS than 1% have ANY positive impact on our future so expecting the other 99% to get on board is beyond the realm of possibility. Enjoy your time here as much as you can. It is just a nanosecond in "the big picture".
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Don Johnston

Just wait for the next performance Ford, ShelbE GT350v.   8)

67 GT350

I thought we could not talk about idiot Democrats on this forum?
RARE  Signature Delete

I am drilling a well in my backyard.Wish me luck!!!Btw anyone know how to "refine"this stuff?!?! ;)

69mach351w

Quote from: gt350hr on November 09, 2020, 11:01:12 AM

Absolutely! Remember the dinosaurs made FAR less emissions than we savages do and look what it got them. Mother Nature has a way of "leveling the playing field". "Green" is all about "green $$$$s". "Believe it or not" . Of the entire world's population LESS than 1% have ANY positive impact on our future so expecting the other 99% to get on board is beyond the realm of possibility. Enjoy your time here as much as you can. It is just a nanosecond in "the big picture".
That'll get you to thinking.
Thanks Randy, Well said.

QuickSilverShelby

I wonder what side of the line I fall on this topic?

I am a home builder and I am currently building a new house.  Walls are gonna be R40 (covered in Gutex from Germany), roof will be R80, and R40 insulation under the concrete slabs.  I've roughed in for solar to the roof along with power for future electric vehicles if I choose those paths.  I have some of the best windows on the planet going in along with a pile of other energy efficient stuff.  Green, energy efficient liberal shit at its best.

On the other hand, I am putting in two 4 post car lifts into my garage and I'm having my garage open onto my lower great room area.  Why?  So I can stare my gas guzzling 68 GT500, my 06 Ford GT and my 07 Hertz GT-H 5spd during the cold winter months.  Nothing I hate more then covering up my cars for 6 months and not being able to look at them so after 21 years in my current home, I decided to build a house with a proper display for my cars.  Some people hang art on the walls. I, on the other hand, will display my "art" in all its glory in my man cave for all to see when visiting my new "castle".  The ultimate capitalistic display of money, excess and love of the gas burning machine I absolutely cherish.  In some form, these cars define who I am and they need a proper presentation.   They sure are gonna get it in the new place.

I'm enjoying the "road of life" and I do whatever I want.  I like the current challenge of building a superior energy efficient home for myself after years of custom building an energy efficient product for my customers over my 25 year home building career.  It helps define my company.  Yet, I do love my cars. The sights, the smells, the noise.  The sound of the solid lifters or the exhaust plume when I stomp the gas on my 68 GT500 is simply bliss.   There's nothing more visceral then the driving experience or the roar of a super charged 06 FGT........... nothing.

Am I a bleeding heart liberal or a capitalistic pig?  I wonder.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Side-Oilers

QSS: You are my hero!  Sounds much like the house I designed (sans all the green stuff) when I was ten. 

I, too, like to stare at my cars, not cover them up. 

Please post some pix when it's finished.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

QSS (if you are married)you have a very understanding wife.I wish mine were so inclined.... :'(

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: Side-Oilers on November 11, 2020, 12:36:33 PM
QSS: You are my hero!  Sounds much like the house I designed (sans all the green stuff) when I was ten. 

I, too, like to stare at my cars, not cover them up. 

Please post some pix when it's finished.
Should be May or June when we get in so I'll post some pictures in the summertime.

QSS

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: 557 on November 11, 2020, 12:48:28 PM
QSS (if you are married)you have a very understanding wife.I wish mine were so inclined.... :'(
I gotta admit, my wife is a pretty good girl.  She tolerates my car hobby and is supportive of my crazy ass ideas which includes this new house design.  How ever, having said that, she wouldn't tolerate my idea of having one of the cars in our master bedroom.  She drew the line there.  That would have been the "absolute shit" if I do say so myself.

QSS

67 GT350

Just remember one thing, if you plug it in, it is DIRTY.
RARE  Signature Delete

deathsled

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on November 11, 2020, 11:33:04 AM
I wonder what side of the line I fall on this topic?

I am a home builder and I am currently building a new house.  Walls are gonna be R40 (covered in Gutex from Germany), roof will be R80, and R40 insulation under the concrete slabs.  I've roughed in for solar to the roof along with power for future electric vehicles if I choose those paths.  I have some of the best windows on the planet going in along with a pile of other energy efficient stuff.  Green, energy efficient liberal shit at its best.

On the other hand, I am putting in two 4 post car lifts into my garage and I'm having my garage open onto my lower great room area.  Why?  So I can stare my gas guzzling 68 GT500, my 06 Ford GT and my 07 Hertz GT-H 5spd during the cold winter months.  Nothing I hate more then covering up my cars for 6 months and not being able to look at them so after 21 years in my current home, I decided to build a house with a proper display for my cars.  Some people hang art on the walls. I, on the other hand, will display my "art" in all its glory in my man cave for all to see when visiting my new "castle".  The ultimate capitalistic display of money, excess and love of the gas burning machine I absolutely cherish.  In some form, these cars define who I am and they need a proper presentation.   They sure are gonna get it in the new place.

I'm enjoying the "road of life" and I do whatever I want.  I like the current challenge of building a superior energy efficient home for myself after years of custom building an energy efficient product for my customers over my 25 year home building career.  It helps define my company.  Yet, I do love my cars. The sights, the smells, the noise.  The sound of the solid lifters or the exhaust plume when I stomp the gas on my 68 GT500 is simply bliss.   There's nothing more visceral then the driving experience or the roar of a super charged 06 FGT........... nothing.

Am I a bleeding heart liberal or a capitalistic pig?  I wonder.

QSS
I support green energy as well.  (I have common sense and understand the need to transition over).  BUT the transition has to be gradual contrary to the new superhero  "heir apparents" to the White House.  I don't believe in green energy to the point it guts our economy, shall I say.   My prediction is that the so called "Green New Deal" will flop, we will have gutted our oil and gas and will once again become energy reliant on the UAE having accomplished nothing (other than energy dependence once again and also living in the back pocket of China with their shoddy products).  We were heading away from that nightmare scenario.  Now we're heading back to status quo.  But what do I know?  I'm just a dumb immigrant Canadian trying to fit in.  I will be arming myself in anticipation of deep cuts to law enforcement.  I will be my own law enforcement.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"