News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Horn trouble

Started by Brandon, June 05, 2018, 03:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Going Thing

I have a set of drafting pens with the tube. They are refillable.  However, the 9.75 lisle tool can be had from almost all real parts stores.
They will remove the majority of male pins and female terminals.

S7MS427

Guess the point I was trying to make was that I lucked into having something laying around that I could use.  I'll have to admit that I didn't even know that a real tool existed though I probably should have.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040

The Going Thing

K&S makes brass tubing you can buy at hobby stores. It has ID's as small as 1/32 available.  Yes, improvise, overcome and adapt!  The tool has thin steel and it didn't distort so It didn't require a lot of manipulation to remove the wires from the block.  We've all be caught in a pinch.
I just posted how to make a copy of the Ford tool for adjusting the shifter. Of course, a couple said " I used a 1/4 drill bit. Most are too long to get past the transmission tunnel on big block cars as the transmission cross member locates it differently which is problematic on FE cars.