News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

No repros of the C7ZX-A fan Clutch anymore?

Started by Kent, December 05, 2023, 10:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

I thought I order 2 of these now and had to find out they are not in stock anymore. I know the guy who produced them was putting them also on his website for a lower price than the rest. But I forgot the name. Can someone help me with that? I really wonder if they are not for sale anymore.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

azdriver

I contacted Hunter Brown months ago about a clutch for my 68'. After telling me he would check stock I never heard from him. Texted him about 2 months ago and got no response. Maybe it's just me.

Pat

Kent

Yes I did contacted him also. But nothing yet. Maybe they really don't do them anymore. It's the same with carls bj/bk holley carbs not produced anymore. Time to buy a new car  ;D
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

TLea

Quote from: azdriver on December 05, 2023, 10:39:08 AM
I contacted Hunter Brown months ago about a clutch for my 68'. After telling me he would check stock I never heard from him. Texted him about 2 months ago and got no response. Maybe it's just me.

Pat
Its not you. Hunter has his hands full and little time for parts.

azdriver

:O fell for the text, did not look at pictures...

Pat

shelbydoug

I talked to Chris about a year or more before he passed. He was sold out on them at that point and was CONSIDERING having more made but wasn't sure when.

What I also asked him was were all of HIS clutches made the same except for the stamping numbers and he said no, they were made according to the original specifications of Ford.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

You could probably get one if you showed up at the shop. You may have a problem with it not being stamped yet however. He didn't typically keep a lot of them already stamped up. He would stamp them as needed. Unlike what others have said the 67-early 69 ones he had were all made the same internally and he stamped them with a specific stamp as needed.  You can metal stamp them by hand but Chris was proud of the special machine that he had that would automatically stamp them on the curved flange.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

propayne

FWIW, here is the photo that Chris took and sent me of the fan clutch I ordered from him back in 2017.

- Phillip

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 05, 2023, 04:50:17 PM
You could probably get one if you showed up at the shop. You may have a problem with it not being stamped yet however. He didn't typically keep a lot of them already stamped up. He would stamp them as needed. Unlike what others have said the 67-early 69 ones he had were all made the same internally and he stamped them with a specific stamp as needed.  You can metal stamp them by hand but Chris was proud of the special machine that he had that would automatically stamp them on the curved flange.

I am ok with there not being the original variations. I did talk to Chris and he did tell me they varied besides the stampings but didn't have any more C7ZX.

Obviously it was more then a couple of years ago. Probably pre-pandemic.

It's one of the few pieces that I still need that missing it bugs me.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

I have a excellent used original C7ZX-A clutch .It has resistance as it should but would need to be restored for show.The Corvette crowd needs these restore too as they are very similar. PM me if interested.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 28, 2023, 04:27:28 PM
I have a excellent used original C7ZX-A clutch .It has resistance as it should but would need to be restored for show.The Corvette crowd needs these restore too as they are very similar. PM me if interested.

I am currently in the process of trading my parts for cash. If I am successful you may hear from me on this?  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!