News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Diesel-Electric

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, October 10, 2023, 01:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Just like a train

https://americafirstreport.com/oops-largest-tesla-charging-station-in-america-is-powered-by-diesel-and-its-not-alone/

In the distant past going to NorCal we'd stop here for a good meal. Sometime around 2010 they made some kind of deal where the employees could buy in and after that everyone was a boss and nobody wanted to do the menial jobs like waiting on customers. A great example of Atlas Shrugging.......
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Not meaning to cast shade on Elon Musk and his laudable efforts to advance humanity but I have to admit I have some "Schadenfreude" about diesel being used to power electric.  I believe EVs are a passing fade that will have to run their course like a fever before we come out the other end with most likely hydrogen.  And besides, EVs handle poorly I suspect.  Can't handle curves or endurance racing.  They are a straight line drag car and even so, I would still take a nitromethane fire belching funny car shimmy shaking from side to side with flames coming out of zoomies against your fastest electric car any day of the week and even more so on Sunday, Sunday Sunday!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on October 10, 2023, 02:19:38 PM...I would still take a nitromethane fire belching funny car shimmy shaking from side to side with flames coming out of zoomies against your fastest electric car any day of the week and even more so on Sunday, Sunday Sunday!
+1 but those aren't flames - it's downforce

At maximum throttle and RPM, the exhaust gases escaping from a dragster's open headers produce about 900–1,100 pounds-force of downforce. - Wikipedia

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on October 10, 2023, 02:46:28 PM
Quote from: deathsled on October 10, 2023, 02:19:38 PM...I would still take a nitromethane fire belching funny car shimmy shaking from side to side with flames coming out of zoomies against your fastest electric car any day of the week and even more so on Sunday, Sunday Sunday!

At maximum throttle and RPM, the exhaust gases escaping from a dragster's open headers produce about 900–1,100 pounds-force of downforce. - Wikipedia
Wow!  I did not know that.  Very impressive.  But isn't that fire coming out of the zoomies or? 
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

tesgt350

Quote from: deathsled on October 10, 2023, 03:04:47 PM
Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on October 10, 2023, 02:46:28 PM

Wow!  I did not know that.  Very impressive.  But isn't that fire coming out of the zoomies or?

I bet a Marshmallow on a Stick can answer that question for you............

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: tesgt350 on October 10, 2023, 04:00:17 PMI bet a Marshmallow on a Stick can answer that question for you............
Mmmmmm tasty nitro methane marshmallows - we'll use some welding rod to spear them with keeping with the car theme.

tesgt350