News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Ok, let's try this...

Started by PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy, June 25, 2021, 03:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy

Ok, so finding a decent 67 Cougar as a starting point for a 67 BME TA replica has been challenging to say the least...  So, thinking about another option...  A steetable (or made streetable) 67 Mustang TA Replica... Not a huge fan of Springtime or Gawd Awful yella.  Prefer white/Red/Blue or maybe Calypso Coral...  Saw the "Pumpkin" when Nagle owned it and it grew on me...  Prefer a stick, well done safe car... Cage is fine.  Can be gutted.  If it's not a steerable motor, can let you keep & we can work on the price to adjust.  Hit me with what you got...  Would also consider a 69 Boss 302 replica as well.  Red or blue preferred...
Tom - DFW, Texas

KR Convertible

I have a friend in Sarasota FL that has a pretty solid 67 Cougar he wants to sell.  If you have any interest, let me know and I can give you his contact info.

Royce Peterson

This one was just finished but he plans to sell it. PM me if interested. Has a top loader and Ford Racing Boss 347.

1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy

Royce-  That's a lot closer.  Have lots of questions.  Assume it's still streetable?  I need full glass as I want AC, so assume it's got roll-ups & door gasket rubber still, or glass can be re-added?  Hopefully the stickers are static cling...If I recall, the black roof is from when Tiny drove NASCAR?
Tom - DFW, Texas

Royce Peterson

It has lights, blinkers etc. No side glass but it could easily be added in. The decals are replicas of the originals from Tiny Lund's Nascar Grand American winning car.

It (the real BM Cougar) was one of the original 1967 Bud Moore Trans Am cars. Bud got kicked out of TA because Ford didn't want Mercury beating Mustang. Gurney got told to throw the final race of the 1967 TA season so that a Mustang could win. It all worked out because Bud was able to dominate the new small block Nascar series the following year.

Quote from: PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy on June 26, 2021, 11:41:15 AM
Royce-  That's a lot closer.  Have lots of questions.  Assume it's still streetable?  I need full glass as I want AC, so assume it's got roll-ups & door gasket rubber still, or glass can be re-added?  Hopefully the stickers are static cling...If I recall, the black roof is from when Tiny drove NASCAR?
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy

Royce-  Thank you so much...  I had a good chat with Kendall today..  for like an hour & 15 minutes...  We've like met before in the mid 90's and we both knew a bunch of people.  Although, it turns out he welded up the tops of the doors and rear quarter windows...  So, not really a workable one for me...  So bummed...
Tom - DFW, Texas