News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

My Shelby going to the 2020 prom

Started by Corey Bowcutt, May 13, 2020, 04:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

It was such an incredibly beautiful day that my wife and I decided to take the Shelby for a spin.  While driving by the city dock in Annapolis I was asked if I would mind using my car for a back drop for some prom pictures.  I was happy to comply.  We backed the Shelby onto the city dock and took lots of pictures.  Of course this drew a crowd that wanted to know all about the car.  What a great time.

Corey

Bob Gaines

Very cool to think that the car will be immortalized in someones prom pictures and remembered years from now.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

67 GT350

When was this???? Beautiful!! You mean in Maryland????? Was that just recently?

2020 prom?????

In NY you would be arrested! (Whuwan Flu)

Most kids and people don't even look at old Shelbys up this way....
RARE  Signature Delete

Corey Bowcutt

It was this afternoon.  Yes Annapolis Maryland.  It was way more crowded down there than has been for the past several weeks.  I take the shelby for a spin down there at least once a week.

Bob, that is a really neat way of looking at it.

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird / '22 Mach 1

Side-Oilers

Very cool of you to do that.  In 50 years, their grandkids will be looking at the photo and saying "what's that big green thing behind you?"  ;D
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

BGlover67

What, no masks?  Thank God.  Looks great Corey!
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Congrats on the pictures, your car will make great memories for those kids.
Owned since 1971, now driven over 248,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

SFM6S087

Shelby ownership at its best - sharing with others. Well done!

Steve

68gtcoupe

Great photos and LOVE the car, especially the color.   8)