News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through https://saac.wildapricot.org  to validate membership.

Main Menu

1969 or 1970 Boss 302 Oil Cooler Block Adaptor

Started by Cobra Pack, September 30, 2026, 01:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobra Pack

Looking for an oil cooler block adaptor for my April 1969 build Boss 302 (prefer '69 but okay with '70).  It did not have one originally, but I have the rest of the setup and would like to install when I get it back on the road/track after 48 years of sitting in the prior owner's garage.  If it's part of a complete setup, that would be fine too.

shelbydoug

#1
What are you calling the adapter? I have an extra hollow bolt if that helps?

I would call the reducer for the bolt to the block an "adapter".

I have not seen one with a C9 engineering number. Only a D0 like this one.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Cobra Pack on September 30, 2026, 01:07:47 PMLooking for an oil cooler block adaptor for my April 1969 build Boss 302 (prefer '69 but okay with '70).  It did not have one originally, but I have the rest of the setup and would like to install when I get it back on the road/track after 48 years of sitting in the prior owner's garage.  If it's part of a complete setup, that would be fine too.
I was talking to a B302 head concours judge who recently said that the consensus is changing to only the factory 4.30 equipped cars came with a oil cooler on a B302 so you may want to research that.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Special Ed

70 w-codes had the oil coolers even thou the 69 had the oil cooler lines holes and both horns on the rh side they were built to have oil coolers but never did so it would be an easy  added install on a 69 and not have to cut any holes in rad support.

J_Speegle

Quote from: Special Ed on September 30, 2026, 10:10:42 PM70 w-codes had the oil coolers even thou the 69 had the oil cooler lines holes and both horns on the rh side.......

Ed do you mean to state that 69 Boss 302's had holes cut for oil cooler lines from the factory on the drivers side radiator support on all, some, with certain gear rations or for some other application or option?
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and SAAC Concours Advisor