News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

SHELBY GT350 1965 ENGINE BLOCK

Started by hoover3m, April 11, 2024, 09:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoover3m

Hello,
Upon restoration I noticed that I have HIPO engine block from Shelby GT350 1965 with 4H7 C5AE-6015E numbers. If anyone knows someone that this engine block matches, please let me know, I would be interested to sell. Thanks

Vernon Estes

If it has a VIN stamped in the side of it starting with 5R09K then it MIGHT be an engine which originally came in a GT350. The C5AE-6015 was a generic 289 engine block..used in everything from lower powered C code cars all the way up to K Code cars. Have you verified that it is, in fact, a HiPo block or are you just assuming that because of a C5AE casting number?

Regardless, I think it is unlikely to be a GT350 block with a 4H date code. JMHO

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Coralsnake

July of 1964 would be way to early wouldnt it? When were the first 1965 Shelbys coming out?

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Hov

If I remember correctly, I used a mid to late H 64 (Aug. 64) block for the build of 5S003, which had a door tag of being ordered in late October 64. Since 004 and the rest of the next batch did not arrive for another month/month-plus, I don't think this block would fit. If its a K code block, pass the K number to Howard, you never know, it may have been for one of the notchbacks?