News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Ford Cross Boss intake w/Autolite 850 Carb. on Bring a Trailer.

Started by CSX 4133, January 13, 2019, 10:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1109RWHP

They were never used on Trans Am cars. Sold over the counter only.

CSX 4133

Quote from: 1109RWHP on January 13, 2019, 02:17:54 PM

Then the listing needs to be corrected to reflect that because they claim otherwise.

98SVT - was 06GT

I had a carb & manifold top. Sorry I let them go it was a great wall hanger after I sold my Boss2.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

JohnSlack

Quote from: CSX 4133 on January 13, 2019, 02:50:45 PM
Quote from: 1109RWHP on January 13, 2019, 02:17:54 PM

Then the listing needs to be corrected to reflect that because they claim otherwise.

1109RWHP is correct the CROSS BOSS was outlawed at the first testing session for the 1970 Trans Am season due to the unique Autlolite inline carburetors. SCCA did not trust FoMoCo to follow through with producing them in the numbers to make them available to the AMC, GM, and Mopar teams. Who really blames the SCCA after the Tunnel port and Dominator carburetor debacles.
John

P.S. The FoMoCo family of BOSS 302 intakes;
The first intake on the left is the Ultra-rare standard flange Holley 2x4 that was mentioned in the SCCA homologation papers, but rarely seen anywhere. The center intake manifold is the factory team (Shelby and Bud Moore) intake manifold using special sandcast Dominator carburetors. Both of those intakes require a special offset distributor. The intake manifold on the right is the 1970 team and well connected privateer team intake manifold, the legendary Bud Moore Mini-Plenum. Those were pretty much it in SCCA Trans Am racing for the BOSS 302.

6s1640

I had a boss that worked for Ford engine development back in the day.  He remembers seeing dumpster full of these Cross-Bosses for recycling.  If he had only known.

Don't tell Hovander.  He goes crazy for these things.  LOL

Cory

JohnSlack

Quote from: 6s1640 on March 15, 2021, 11:55:00 PM
I had a boss that worked for Ford engine development back in the day.  He remembers seeing dumpster full of these Cross-Bosses for recycling.  If he had only known.

Don't tell Hovander.  He goes crazy for these things.  LOL

Cory

The Hov and I have spent hours not literally... actually hours talking about the "special intakes" for the BOSS 302.

honker

Thanks for the posts regarding the intakes ! I think this was up on forum 1, is there any more info on it ?

I hope I'm not diverting the thread  ::)

Mike