News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

C8ZZ-7400-C Control Shifter Assemlby

Started by 6s1640, December 01, 2020, 11:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi all,

Can someone tell me how to identify the correct floor mounted shifter control assembly for 1968 390 and 428?  The Ford MPC shows part number C8ZZ-7400-C after 1-2-68.  The MPC shows C7ZZ-7400-C prior to 1-2-68.   Images highlighting the correct shifter would be fantastic.  Please help me understand the differences between the two part numbers.

Thank you

Cory

Coralsnake

Mr Heeley might be a good person to ask.

But, if I had to guess, I seem to recall two different bolt spacings on the bottom of the shifter handle where it interfaces with the u shaped trunnion.
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 02, 2020, 08:15:55 AM
Mr Heeley might be a good person to ask.

But, if I had to guess, I seem to recall two different bolt spacings on the bottom of the shifter handle where it interfaces with the u shaped trunnion.
Also one of the shifter levers is a different shape on a 67/68 BB shifter control compared to a small block version. I will try and post a picture later.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

cbrown

Here is what you need  and Bill has the stuff.  1 rod is different but small block one will work with little modification i believe.

chris

6s1640

Hi guys,

I also found this reverse shift lever.  It too looks like it has the offset.  Is this the same?

I am finding three unique features to shifter assembly.  They are:

1) Reverse shift lever has an offset
2) The shifter support has the two extra holes, upper hole for big block because adapter plate blocks use of lower hole.
3) After 1-2-68, the spacing on the shift handle changed to 2.00 inches from a smaller value.

Does that sound right?  I did talk to Bill.  Good guy.  I purchased his restored 68 shift handle with 2.00 inch spacing.  He also has the adapter.

Thanks for the help

Cory

TLea

Yes difference between  bb and sb is same entire year. Trunion (U shaped piece) changed from 1.875 to 2.00 mid year which is the change. Both bb and sb got the wider trunion