News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Why are there so many double posting topics?

Started by shelbydoug, April 10, 2024, 12:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

computerworks

Quote from: shelbydoug on April 10, 2024, 12:20:30 PMIs this the new normal?

They're not double posts. 
The Recent Topics list is set up to show the last 15 posts. 
If two or three were made on the same thread, each one will show up individually in that list.

deathsled

It's a heat signature left by the natural, spiritual aura we all possess.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

Quote from: computerworks on April 10, 2024, 12:57:12 PM

If two or three were made on the same thread, each one will show up individually in that list.

I suppose in the balance of things in the known Universe it doesn't really matter? I'm just curious on this. Is this just the default settings on the software or was it deemed necessary?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

computerworks

Quote from: shelbydoug on April 10, 2024, 01:48:56 PMI suppose in the balance of things in the known Universe it doesn't really matter? I'm just curious on this. Is this just the default settings on the software or was it deemed necessary?

It's the way it works. How many get displayed? ..that's programmable.

shelbydoug

Quote from: computerworks on April 10, 2024, 01:51:59 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on April 10, 2024, 01:48:56 PMI suppose in the balance of things in the known Universe it doesn't really matter? I'm just curious on this. Is this just the default settings on the software or was it deemed necessary?

Well, but in essence that's what I was asking you? This is a change. Not necessarily an improvement. Just a way to suggest there is more going on then there is? Kind of like echos in an empty hallway with nothing going on.

I think Tony is gonna' luv this? Somehow. Like a construction site in the city with posters plastered all over it. I can envision it now. FLSAAC plastered all over everything. Everywhere you go. ::)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

shelbydoug

Quote from: deathsled on April 10, 2024, 01:34:35 PMIt's a heat signature left by the natural, spiritual aura we all possess.

You could hypothesize that so is a...um...passing gas. It leaves a heat signature also...or is that what you were initially suggesting...OH! you bad boy! :o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Quote from: shelbydoug on April 10, 2024, 02:05:57 PM
Quote from: deathsled on April 10, 2024, 01:34:35 PMIt's a heat signature left by the natural, spiritual aura we all possess.

You could hypothesize that so is a...um...passing gas. It leaves a heat signature also...or is that what you were initially suggesting...OH! you bad boy! :o
You are really thinking outside the proverbial box, only to realize that there is no box.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbydoug on April 10, 2024, 01:59:22 PMWell, but in essence that's what I was asking you? This is a change. Not necessarily an improvement. Just a way to suggest there is more going on then there is? Kind of like echos in an empty hallway with nothing going on.

I think Tony is gonna' luv this? Somehow. Like a construction site in the city with posters plastered all over it. I can envision it now. FLSAAC plastered all over everything. Everywhere you go. ::)

Tony loves everything....everything loves Tony

Hey whipper snapper, glad you where able to make the switch over, thought we might have lost you on this galactic time and space change over
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Heavy thoughts

Always remember form follows function

Kirk out
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

Quote from: FL SAAC on April 10, 2024, 03:55:55 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on April 10, 2024, 01:59:22 PMWell, but in essence that's what I was asking you? This is a change. Not necessarily an improvement. Just a way to suggest there is more going on then there is? Kind of like echos in an empty hallway with nothing going on.

I think Tony is gonna' luv this? Somehow. Like a construction site in the city with posters plastered all over it. I can envision it now. FLSAAC plastered all over everything. Everywhere you go. ::)

Tony loves everything....everything loves Tony

Hey whipper snapper, glad you where able to make the switch over, thought we might have lost you on this galactic time and space change over

Hope springs eternal.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67_1183

Quote from: computerworks on April 10, 2024, 12:57:12 PM

Quote from: shelbydoug on April 10, 2024, 01:59:22 PM
Quote from: computerworks on April 10, 2024, 01:51:59 PM

Well, but in essence that's what I was asking you? This is a change. Not necessarily an improvement. Just a way to suggest there is more going on then there is? Kind of like echos in an empty hallway with nothing going on.

The difference is that in the previous version of the forum this section of the home page was "Recently Updated Topics" and now it is "Recent posts".
2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

Side-Oilers

I vote to return to Recently Updated Topics.   

Much easier to follow and come back in where you left off reading, earlier in the day.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model