SAAC Forum

SAAC HQ => Concours Talk => Topic started by: Kent on October 02, 2026, 05:18:23 PM

Title: 1967 Smooth Deluxe Seats original vs. good/ excellent repros
Post by: Kent on October 02, 2026, 05:18:23 PM
My 67 GT500 has the smooth deluxe seats ( I know this is rare) and I have 2 sets of seats here and I wonder if both are original because there are some differences. The left one is an original in my opinion but is the right one also correct or maybe a later ford part or just a good repro?
Title: Re: 1967 Smooth Deluxe Seats original vs. good/ excellent repros
Post by: Kent on October 02, 2026, 05:19:44 PM
more pics left one should be original, right one is maybe newer (fomoco?) upholstery
Title: Re: 1967 Smooth Deluxe Seats original vs. good/ excellent repros
Post by: Bob Gaines on October 02, 2026, 06:24:43 PM
I would love to help but can't open a HEIC file to view pictures.
Title: Re: 1967 Smooth Deluxe Seats original vs. good/ excellent repros
Post by: Kent on October 03, 2026, 02:29:45 AM
I just uploaded them again. Thanks Bob.
Title: Re: 1967 Smooth Deluxe Seats original vs. good/ excellent repros
Post by: Bob Gaines on October 03, 2026, 09:01:23 AM
Quote from: Kent on October 02, 2026, 05:19:44 PMmore pics left one should be original, right one is maybe newer (fomoco?) upholstery
I agree with your opinion. Both look to be OEM because of the welting. The left vinyl grain looks more typically assemblyline to me.